Honored Contributor

Tonight is the season finale, and it will be the last we will see of many cast members. Gone will be Pete Davidson ( no surprise there), Kate McKinnon, Aidy Bryant, Kyle Mooney, Michael Che is rumored to be leaving. I will miss Kate very much, but SNL has survived all the exits over the many many years, I'm sure they will be okay. 

Esteemed Contributor
Oh - I hadn’t heard about Michael Che. I think I’ll miss him and Aidy Bryant the most (they overused Kate).

I can’t remember exactly what it said, but a year or so I read an article on how long some of the current cast was staying vs in the past. I remember the article specifically called out Pete and Kate, saying something like, in the past, they already would have become movie stars and moved on long before. I just can’t remember the reason - if it was pandemic related or just because of a general change in entertainment (proliferation of streaming and internet channels making it more difficult)

I have to laugh that Cecily Strong isn’t on that list. She’d been rumored to be leaving for years - they literally said goodbye to her two years in a row! But apparently she’s still there.
Trusted Contributor

@Alter Ego 

Michael Che has not announced his exit.

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Trusted Contributor

I will miss Pete Davidson. I may be in the minority but he cracks me up. He has that endearing goof ball quality. I hope that does not change now that he is dating Kim K.  I thought the movie the King of Staten Island was very funny. 

I will also miss Kate and Aidy. I hope the rumor about Michael Che is just that a rumor. He too cracks me up. 

Honored Contributor

I think I heard that Mr. Che has his own show on another network.

I wouldn't be surprised if Saturday Night Live becomes a one-hour program in the future.

Respected Contributor

Kate Kyle and Aidy are group A actors on the show, in many sketches a night. Pete has never gained acting traction IMO. 

Keenan has been there almost 20 years

I've watched SNL since the 70's. Remember when they carried David Bowie out in a box outfit? I still look at the stage and think about all the talent that has performed on that exact stage 

Respected Contributor

Wow, that's a lot.

When we watch the 10 pm rerun and they show the opening with the cast members, many have gone on to have big careers in show biz.  Only a handful seemed to have disappeared.

Esteemed Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

Kate Kyle and Aidy are group A actors on the show, in many sketches a night. Pete has never gained acting traction IMO. 

Keenan has been there almost 20 years

I've watched SNL since the 70's. Remember when they carried David Bowie out in a box outfit? I still look at the stage and think about all the talent that has performed on that exact stage 

Keenan is the longest staying member of the SNL cast, but he also was given his own show as well. I don't know how it did because I never saw it. Kate to me is the most talented there. It is no surprise she will move on to bigger things. I could not care less about Pete Davidson or Michael Che. However, they better not touch Colin Jost. He's my eye candy on that show. Absolutely adorable, Harvard educated, and writes as well as acts. 

Valued Contributor

Don't get me wrong because I am an SNL fan however I have to say it's gone downhill and I find myself never even laughing like I did in the past.  The writers need some help.  The only two I like is the one impersonating the former President and the Asian guy. All the good ones have left.

Respected Contributor
I loved the SNL era with Phil Hartman. The show needs new talent.