Esteemed Contributor

Re: SNAPPED!!!! & Forsenic Files

[ Edited ]

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Snapped seems to be nothing but reruns where I live but I only watch when there is nothing else on.  It makes me sad to know that these women can be as deadly as men.  The one that I purposely watched more than once was the one where a woman stabbed her ex bf numerous times and shot him in the head and looked so innocent during interrogation.  Well known but I can't remember her name right now.  It was a hung jury and she got tried again and received life instead of the death penalty that she deserved since she showed no remorse.

Jodi Arais

Esteemed Contributor

Woman LOLI love, love, loved Snapped! Nice to hear that others do, too.

Trusted Contributor

Too funny, Mz iMac. I watch a lot of ID, too, and my DH always teases me that I am looking for a way to knock him off...to which I respond, I've already found a way, I'm just waiting for you to really tick me off! Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

I'm a big fan of these show as well.  I also love Homicide Hunter and Disappeared.

Sydney,

Detective Joe Kenda is the best!  I love Homicide Hunter on ID Discovery and so glad that there is a new season!Smiley Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Esteemed Contributor

I used to watch Snapped marathons every Sunday, but I started feeling differently about the show after they aired a Kentucky case.  They left out key evidence from the trial.  It's one of the few where the woman was found not guilty, and it was pretty obvious her lawyers coordinated the script for that episode.  Most everyone believes she was guilty, yet Snapped left out some good evidence and didn't ask for key interviews.  Another reason why I don't watch as much is there are so many reruns.  

Trusted Contributor

@Jackaranda wrote:

I watch all these shows also. I also enjoy "Autopsies of of celebrities" or something like that. Not sure of the name but it is ID channel. Anna Nicole Smiths was fascinating.

I haven't seen this show, Jackaranda, and I thought I'd seen everything on ID. Thanks for the tip.

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I used to watch Snapped marathons every Sunday, but I started feeling differently about the show after they aired a Kentucky case.  They left out key evidence from the trial.  It's one of the few where the woman was found not guilty, and it was pretty obvious her lawyers coordinated the script for that episode.  Most everyone believes she was guilty, yet Snapped left out some good evidence and didn't ask for key interviews.  Another reason why I don't watch as much is there are so many reruns.  

By a jury of HER peers!  SNAPPED! is in the business of telling "stories."  NOT to determine who is guilty or non guilty.  That is the juries and/or judges job.

Also, you have to understand that SNAPPED! may not have had permission to do "key interviews."  Not everyone wants to appear on national tv.  That being said......

I remember an episode this school teacher who was found not guilty of killing her husband at the front door of their home.  As the husband was coming in the front door, the wife was on the phone w/one of his many mistresses.  I was SHOCKED!!!!!  To me it was obvious she killed him.  Yet, she got off - Crime of passion.  Which is legal & allowed in certain states. 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Vamp wrote:

@Jackaranda wrote:

I watch all these shows also. I also enjoy "Autopsies of of celebrities" or something like that. Not sure of the name but it is ID channel. Anna Nicole Smiths was fascinating.

I haven't seen this show, Jackaranda, and I thought I'd seen everything on ID. Thanks for the tip.

It's also on Reelz.  The autopsy of Nicole Simpson was interesting also.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

By a jury of HER peers!  SNAPPED! is in the business of telling "stories."  NOT to determine who is guilty or non guilty.  That is the juries and/or judges job.

Also, you have to understand that SNAPPED! may not have had permission to do "key interviews."  Not everyone wants to appear on national tv.  That being said......

I remember an episode this school teacher who was found not guilty of killing her husband at the front door of their home.  As the husband was coming in the front door, the wife was on the phone w/one of his many mistresses.  I was SHOCKED!!!!!  To me it was obvious she killed him.  Yet, she got off - Crime of passion.  Which is legal & allowed in certain states. 

Snapped didn't ask some "key people" for a statement. The filming was obviously coordinated through her attorneys.  The prosecutors probably didn't talk because they had filed an appeal.   I don't believe Snapped had the job of determining guilt.  I simply think they're obligated to tell the whole story instead of the one the defense wants you to hear.