Honored Contributor

2020....Betty is really something. 😜

Esteemed Contributor

She was and is out of her mind.  

she destroyed so many lives and has no remorse at all.

Honored Contributor

Betty's next parole hearing is in 2032. She will be 84. 

Honored Contributor

Re: SNAPPED Betty Broderick

[ Edited ]

The one movie about Betty B. which I thought was good, starred Meredith Baxter as Betty, was titled  "A Woman Scorned: The Betty Broderick Story" (1992 on CBS)That was really the first time I had a good look at the (nut) case. Baxter did a perfect job portraying an out-of-control woman.

Woman Scorned: The Betty Broderick Story (1992) (DVD, 1992) for sale online  | eBay
Honored Contributor

I was actually surprised she didn't receive parole since she served the 32 years minimum sentence.

Her children are divided about her being released.

I also find it troubling that some people feel she represents "scorned women" and feel she was justified murdering the ex and his new wife.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

The one movie about Betty B. which I thought was good, starred Meredith Baxter as Betty, was titled  "A Woman Scorned: The Betty Broderick Story" (1992 on CBS)That was really the first time I had a good look at the (nut) case. Baxter did a perfect job portraying an out-of-control woman.

Woman Scorned: The Betty Broderick Story (1992) (DVD, 1992) for sale online  | eBay

@SilleeMee     She deserved an award for this part she played! Excellent!

Honored Contributor

ITA about Meredith Baxter.    She was outstanding.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden   I believe that Betty was angry because she worked and supported her husband while he was in law school.  She felt he owed her something.  Sick woman.  She definitely had mental problems before their divorce.  The movies are the best to see.  Hopefully, the movies will be on again soon.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

I've been interested in this case for years. It really divides people. I've read some astounding comments on FB --- people supporting Betty, calling Dan & Linda all sort of filthy names.

Really hateful, nasty stuff!

Honored Contributor

Betty and Dan had a troubled marriage long before the divorce and remarriage.

The whole situation was harmful to their children and while Dan didn't have to stay with Betty, he was also complicit in picking at her self-esteem.  She clearly needed help long before the divorce and she escalated in her own victimhood.

It was cold-blooded murder regardless of her supporting him through law school; and I'll say it again-she is no hero for "scorned women".

It doesn't surprise me that some support what she did; some lived vicariously through Betty and that in of itself is concerning.

I also agree that Meredith did an excellent job in the movie.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh