Honored Contributor

SMOLDERING MICHAEL PARKS DOUBLE FEATURE FRDAY TCM

Hey, Michael Parks should have been included in TCM's

"Melodramatic Males" mini-fest that they had yesterday!

I really like Michael Parks-- he's my "James Dean",   in a way, since I don't really care for James Dean.

Half past Noon Eastern--   "Bus Riley's Back in Town".   Seething, fascinating Bus (Parks) returns home from the service, and is torn between Janet Margolin and Ann-Margret...

2:15 p.m. Eastern--  "Wild Seed".     Renegade drifter Parks crosses paths with a young woman (Celia Kaye) on a mission to find her father.

Sorry for such a sketchy alert, but I'm almost late and must dash!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SMOLDERING MICHAEL PARKS DOUBLE FEATURE FRDAY TCM

@Oznell 

I think I have seen both of these movies long ago.

Had forgotten all about Michael P., but you are right, he's underrated.  While I like James D., I've never seen the "brilliance" in his acting.  He just appealed to me on the rebellious  level.  In fact, I think Rebel Without a Cause was on the other day!

Will try to catch one of these!

Thanks

Respected Contributor

This actor rings a bell with me, yet I don't know where.  Was he ever on a TV series? 

He's kinda like a mix up of Charles Bronson and James Dean.

I have not seen either of these movies so thanks for the alert.  Hopefully they will also become available On Demand over the weekend or this evening when there is absolutely NOTHING to watch on TV.

I know I've seen him somewhere before and did think he was a handsome actor.  I also liked James Dean, but liked him best in 'Giant'.  Between James Dean, Rock Hudson and Elizabeth Taylor - could they have gotten a better looking cast?  Giant is one of my favorite movies.  But I digress....again....Woman Wink

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Trusted Contributor

@Oznell  That was one sexy man and I have seen many of his films and he also appeared in some TV series. Thanks

Respected Contributor

@hayseed00 wrote:

@Oznell  That was one sexy man and I have seen many of his films and he also appeared in some TV series. Thanks

I think that series was "Along Came Bronson" or something like that. He played to type. A motorcycle drifter who rode around the country  stopping to help and get involved with some local drama. When it was solved, he would drive off down the road.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Super Contributor

Wasn't he on the TV series "Payton Place"?  That show was on a long, long time ago, if anyone remembers.

Honored Contributor

@appm wrote:

Wasn't he on the TV series "Payton Place"?  That show was on a long, long time ago, if anyone remembers.

I dont think he was on PP.

Honored Contributor

Loved, loved Along Came Bronson!!  Too bad I no longer have TCM. 

Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

@hayseed00 wrote:

I think that series was "Along Came Bronson" or something like that. He played to type. A motorcycle drifter who rode around the country  stopping to help and get involved with some local drama. When it was solved, he would drive off down the road.

Exactly! I was smitten.

Honored Contributor

@appm wrote:

He was in 12 episodes of the Colbys.