Honored Contributor

Re: SMOLDERING MICHAEL PARKS DOUBLE FEATURE FRDAY TCM

Wow, @drizzellla --  "The Colbys"!    Didn't that have Stephanie Beacham, a Brit, and even Charlton Heston?   If it's the same one, I remember liking it, but it didn't last long.  It was sort of like "Dynasty" I think...

I can just see rogue Michael Parks roaring into that series and wreaking havoc and breaking hearts, ha...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oznell, The Colbys was a spin off of Dynasty. And you are right Charlton Heston (Jason Colby), Barbara Stanwyck (Constance Colby Patterson), Emma Samms (Fallon Carrington Colby), Stephanie Beacham (Sabella Scott Colby), Michael Parks (Philip Colby).

PS - Look at all that hair in the picture.

Honored Contributor

An even better cast than I was remembering, @drizzellla!.   How could I have forgotten that my all-time fave Barbara Stanwyck was in it?

Fun glitz and glam.  

Super Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@appm wrote:

Wasn't he on the TV series "Payton Place"?  That show was on a long, long time ago, if anyone remembers.

I dont think he was on PP.

i think I have him confused with Christopher Connelly on PP (Norman Harrington).

Valued Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

Oznell, The Colbys was a spin off of Dynasty. And you are right Charlton Heston (Jason Colby), Barbara Stanwyck (Constance Colby Patterson), Emma Samms (Fallon Carrington Colby), Stephanie Beacham (Sabella Scott Colby), Michael Parks (Philip Colby).

PS - Look at all that hair in the picture.

---

I have never heard of this show; thought I was aware of everything Barbara Stanwyck had ever done! 

Valued Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Hey, Michael Parks should have been included in TCM's "Melodramatic Males" mini-fest that they had yesterday!

I really like Michael Parks-- he's my "James Dean",   in a way, since I don't really care for James Dean.

Half past Noon Eastern--   "Bus Riley's Back in Town".   Seething, fascinating Bus (Parks) returns home from the service, and is torn between Janet Margolin and Ann-Margret...

2:15 p.m. Eastern--  "Wild Seed".     Renegade drifter Parks crosses paths with a young woman (Celia Kaye) on a mission to find her father.

---

I never cared much for James Dean, either, but always feel so much in the minority that I usually "back off" in discussions about him. A little too intense for me, almost to the point of affectation.