Honored Contributor

SHIRLEY TEMPLE DOUBLE FEATURE SUNDAY 12:20 P.M. EASTERN FOX MOVIE CHANNEL

MV5BZTMwZTRiZjAtZDAwNy00ZGUyLTg2ZmYtM2MyMWNkOTJjN2IwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDY1NzU5NjY@._V1_SX1499_CR0,0,1499,999_AL_.jpg

Twenty past noon Eastern, Fox Movie Channel--  "Poor Little Rich Girl".   Shirley Temple, Jack Haley, Alice Faye, Gloria Stuart, Jane Darwell

Shirley runs away from her pampered but restricted background, to join vaudeville performers.  Joyous and tuneful, with seasoned pros Haley and Faye making it an especially fun romp.

1:40 p.m. Eastern--  "Curly Top".  Shirley Temple, John Boles, Rochelle Hudson, Jane Darwell

Shirley and older sister (Rochelle Hudson), are orphans who get adopted by a New York millionaire (Boles).

The sunshine that Shirley first brought to the Great Depression is a timeless antidote to hard times-- great programming for right now!

Honored Contributor

Re: SHIRLEY TEMPLE DOUBLE FEATURE SUNDAY 12:20 P.M. EASTERN FOX MOVIE CHANNEL

@Oznell 

I just adored Jack Haley and Alice Faye.

But if someone held a gun to my head and said, Quick!  Name your favorite Shirley Temple movie!, I'd probably blurt: The Little Princess!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Oh, yeah, @just bee -- great characters and atmosphere in that one.  Cesar Romero, Arthur Treacher, super.

Honored Contributor

Love Haley, Faye and Temple singing and dancing together:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNJIZn37gvg

Honored Contributor

I really like this channel now since I lost TCM, and no commercials from 3 AM to 3 PM ET. 

Honored Contributor

Yeah, agreed, @Shelbelle ,  it's a nice addition to the roster of channels showing vintage (at least part of the time.)  I'm glad also that that "no commercial" period you mention is for the old movies they show from morning to afternoon.

Honored Contributor

Hi, Oz, only complaint is that they also show the same films over and over, like TCM does. One of my fsves, Best of Everything has been on a gazillion times in the last few months. It always airs from 1 to 3 in the afternoon ET. 

Honored Contributor

I just set my DVR to record "Curly Top".  I don't care all that much for the other one.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

MV5BZTMwZTRiZjAtZDAwNy00ZGUyLTg2ZmYtM2MyMWNkOTJjN2IwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDY1NzU5NjY@._V1_SX1499_CR0,0,1499,999_AL_.jpg

Twenty past noon Eastern, Fox Movie Channel--  "Poor Little Rich Girl".   Shirley Temple, Jack Haley, Alice Faye, Gloria Stuart, Jane Darwell

Shirley runs away from her pampered but restricted background, to join vaudeville performers.  Joyous and tuneful, with seasoned pros Haley and Faye making it an especially fun romp.

1:40 p.m. Eastern--  "Curly Top".  Shirley Temple, John Boles, Rochelle Hudson, Jane Darwell

Shirley and older sister (Rochelle Hudson), are orphans who get adopted by a New York millionaire (Boles).

The sunshine that Shirley first brought to the Great Depression is a timeless antidote to hard times-- great programming for right now!

I totally agreeSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle, that bugs me also about Fox Movie Channel.  They show certain films upteen times within a short period, like "Fear is the Hunter" or "The Lion" or "Dragonwyck" or "How to Steal a MIllion".  But some of their really great noirs, like "Whirlpool" with Gene Tierney and Richard Conte, get shown once in a blue moon.  I know, b/c I keep checking!

It's true that they have a smaller pool of films to draw on, since it's only Twentieth Century Fox movies they show, but somehow they could space them out more consistently, I would think...