Honored Contributor

Re: SHETLAND and THE CORONER tv shows

Coroner is on one of our PBS stations now and both Shetland and Coroner are available on either Prime and or Britbox but you'd need to check which,  

Trusted Contributor

I love Father Brown.  Also enjoy Vera, Midsomer Murders and I wish they would make new episodes of Rosemary and Thyme.

Honored Contributor

Shetland is a terrific show. 

We haven't tuned into Coroner yet.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

I watched Shetland when it was on PBS.  I miss it.  Although the accents were so thick it was often hard for me to understand what the characters were saying!  😄

@geezerette  Husband and I were struggling with the heavy accents too.  As suggested on the boards, use the close captioning and it's like magic.  We are waiting anxiously for Shetland's next season.  I am hesitant to pay the fee for Britbox, we already have Amazon Prime and Netflix.  Now huband wants to try the trial week just to watch the new Shetland season.  

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

Coroner is on one of our PBS stations now and both Shetland and Coroner are available on either Prime and or Britbox but you'd need to check which,  

@jackthebear  We watched Shetland on Netflix.  I think it is still there.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

I like both of those shows.  I definitely need closed captioning for Shetland.  I live in an area where we have several PBS stations and one shows nothing but British shows 24/7.  That's where I watch most of the shows.  

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

I watched Shetland when it was on PBS.  I miss it.  Although the accents were so thick it was often hard for me to understand what the characters were saying!  😄

I remember a show called, "Taggart". He was an older police detective. Filmed in Scotland. It was so good but I could barely deciper what they were saying. In any other setting I would love the accents, but not on tv. Shetland sounds so good. I'm wondering why it isn't on any of my 3 PBS stations???

Trusted Contributor

I've seen both of these shows on PBS and enjoyed them very much.  I have to use the Closed Captioning feature on my tv as well, for those thick accents.