Respected Contributor

Seeking Sister Wife Bernie McGee reportedly dead at the age of 41

The initial announcement came via family friend Jennifer Mills with a post in Paige’s Facebook support group:

I am posting with the permission from Paige. It is with a heavy heart to tell you all that Bernie has passed away.

Please give Paige time to be with her family, friends, and children. We just left the hospital and she is heading home. His mother is not handling this well. Paige is not either. But she has a bunch of hands around her.

Please keep this family in your hearts and prayers. Thank you to the ones who have supported them through this journey.

Please be patient and understanding if she does not respond to any comments or messages.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Earlier this year they were both in jail for stalking and harassing her brother and his wife or girlfriend. Sorry I can't recall if they were married or not.

Esteemed Contributor

This is the family who lived in a trailer for awhile, since their house burned down.  I wouldn't be surprised if arson wasn't suspected.

Now, with Paige supposedly griefstricken, she is already posting trash about her brother and how it's "his" fault that her husband died.  I couldn't believe my eyes when I read her post on FB I think.  

She keeps blaming him and wishes he would burn in he l l .......It is a very nasty post......She needs to keep off social media for awhile and show some respect for her boys.  JMO

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

This is the family who lived in a trailer for awhile, since their house burned down.  I wouldn't be surprised if arson wasn't suspected.

Now, with Paige supposedly griefstricken, she is already posting trash about her brother and how it's "his" fault that her husband died.  I couldn't believe my eyes when I read her post on FB I think.  

She keeps blaming him and wishes he would burn in he l l .......It is a very nasty post......She needs to keep off social media for awhile and show some respect for her boys.  JMO

@sophiamarie  That's terrible of her to do that. I do hope she stops. Maybe FB will throw her off. I believe she was banned before (maybe it was just from someone's page/pages), but apparently she's back on.

Esteemed Contributor

@colliemom4   Her husband wasn't dead 24 hours and she was already posting all that stuff on FB.  I don't know what the deal was with her brother, but she and her husband were supposed to appear in court in a couple of days I think, and now she's blaming her brother for his death, because Bernie was so upset about the court hearing.

First, she posts that she is grieving and to please give her and the family some privacy, blah, blah - meanwhile she's composing stuff to write on FB??  LOL  I feel sorry for those two boys.  They are always the ones who suffer the most....

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

@colliemom4   Her husband wasn't dead 24 hours and she was already posting all that stuff on FB.  I don't know what the deal was with her brother, but she and her husband were supposed to appear in court in a couple of days I think, and now she's blaming her brother for his death, because Bernie was so upset about the court hearing.

First, she posts that she is grieving and to please give her and the family some privacy, blah, blah - meanwhile she's composing stuff to write on FB??  LOL  I feel sorry for those two boys.  They are always the ones who suffer the most....

@sophiamarie   Maybe she's got some mental health issues going on that's causing her to behave that way. If not she's very hateful and a poor example to her children. You're correct in saying the children always suffer. I hope she gets herself some help. It she doesn't stop all of this she'll be arrested again.

Esteemed Contributor

@sophiamarie   Maybe she's got some mental health issues going on that's causing her to behave that way. If not she's very hateful and a poor example to her children. You're correct in saying the children always suffer. I hope she gets herself some help. It she doesn't stop all of this she'll be arrested again.

@colliemom4   When they were filming SSW, I thought she had some mental problem.  Remember when Bernie met that woman online.  She also had a teenage daughter.  She was invited to visit with them for a couple of days and Paige was very unstable then.  She was so jealous.  Never took her eyes off the two of them.  I thought the whole thing was strange, especially bringing her daughter along for the ride - and there were two teen boys.  The boys happened to be very well behaved though.

That whole show was crazy anyway.  Why would Bernie need another wife and why would Paige even consider something like that?  They absolutely were not Polygamists, so what was the deal anyway?  Bernie was the only one who had something to gain - and now he's gone.  What would have happened if the other woman actually moved in and they considered themselves "married"?  Hmmm would she have been entitled to anything of his (except Paige of course) OR would she and Paige have become Sister Wives who lived happily ever after??  

I guess we'll never know.

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

@colliemom4   When they were filming SSW, I thought she had some mental problem.  Remember when Bernie met that woman online.  She also had a teenage daughter.  She was invited to visit with them for a couple of days and Paige was very unstable then.  She was so jealous.  Never took her eyes off the two of them.  I thought the whole thing was strange, especially bringing her daughter along for the ride - and there were two teen boys.  The boys happened to be very well behaved though.

That whole show was crazy anyway.  Why would Bernie need another wife and why would Paige even consider something like that?  They absolutely were not Polygamists, so what was the deal anyway?  Bernie was the only one who had something to gain - and now he's gone.  What would have happened if the other woman actually moved in and they considered themselves "married"?  Hmmm would she have been entitled to anything of his (except Paige of course) OR would she and Paige have become Sister Wives who lived happily ever after??  

I guess we'll never know.

@sophiamarie   Didn't Paige say she was reading a Bible one day and came across scripture regarding people having multiple wives and thought they should do it? She's either clueless or nuts, maybe both lol. That was hundreds or thousands of years ago as far as I know. Why would you just have some random idea like this and tell your husband about it and him get on board with it like that?

I don't think either one of them were playing with a full deck. I think Paige liked the idea so she could have a friend, but another wife would have never worked. She's too hateful, controlling and jealous. At least he seemed like a nice guy other than being a horndog lol. The setup with her daughter coming etc. certainly was strange. I'm sure there's more to it than we know.

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie  I read that Bernie's cousin set up a go fund me page for Paige. So far they've got around $1,500 but are aiming for 10,000. Today was Bernie's funeral also. His cousin said Paige needs money to pay her bills. She will obviously just have to start working. I wonder how old she is? I thought he was much older than he was.

Esteemed Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@sophiamarie  I read that Bernie's cousin set up a go fund me page for Paige. So far they've got around $1,500 but are aiming for 10,000. Today was Bernie's funeral also. His cousin said Paige needs money to pay her bills. She will obviously just have to start working. I wonder how old she is? I thought he was much older than he was.

@colliemom4   Boy - she's got a lot of bills.  What will she do next month???  Aren't they the family who lived in the trailer because their house burned down?  Well, then they would have gotten insurance money, right???  So, where did that money go?  I think the house they are in now, is a rental.....  They probably needed that Sister Wife to help with the bills, come to think of it.