Esteemed Contributor

Re: SEASON 10, THE WALKING DEAD

Episode last night 10/13 . provided more info abt how Alpha & Beta met , however not all was provided abt them prior to the world apocalypse . Can't wait for a showdown  between Carole & Alpha.  Am sure some other  longstanding character  may be killed off . I still wish they would have kept Carl , but the storyline has evolved into " stories " abt many other characters .

Honored Contributor

Not interested in paying over priced movie tickets.  As much as I would like to see Rick's storyline after the helicopter took him away, I don't like him that much.

I'll wait for a *Spoiler* thread here.  lol

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Last night's episode (10/13) had to be one of the worst episodes. EVER.

We already had the backstory of Alpha and her family last year. I couldn't care less how Alpha and Beta met. An entire hour wasted on these two. Smiley Mad

Sooooooo boring.

Frequent Contributor

I so agree.  I felt like it was suffering from the "Lost" syndrome: giving us endless useless background on a character I really do not want to know any more about.  If they want to keep viewers, they need to keep the action going.  I liked the first episode of the season but this was the pits.

Honored Contributor

Last night' episode  was rather confusing and difficult to follow.  It was the worse I have seen so far.  I hope the confusion is cleared up with future shows.

Frequent Contributor

They better hurry up with the movies because after the major mistakes they have made in the last couple of years, there won't be enough of a fan base to go see them.  If I am still watching, I will go see the movies but my patience with the series is growing short after them killing off Carl and the writer/producer jerking the audience's/fan's chain  one too many times.  Once Michonne is gone, the only character I really care about is Carol. I never liked Maggie or Daryl.   I would like to see the black helicopter come and take Michonne.  That would make me happy. Don't want to see her killed off. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kittiekattie wrote:

They better hurry up with the movies because after the major mistakes they have made in the last couple of years, there won't be enough of a fan base to go see them.  If I am still watching, I will go see the movies but my patience with the series is growing short after them killing off Carl and the writer/producer jerking the audience's/fan's chain  one too many times.  Once Michonne is gone, the only character I really care about is Carol. I never liked Maggie or Daryl.   I would like to see the black helicopter come and take Michonne.  That would make me happy. Don't want to see her killed off. 

@kittiekattie  As far as I know, they haven't even begun filming the movies. It'll be interesting to see how the films will do at the box office. Interest in the show and the ratings have been waning for several years now. I think only the real die hard fans will go see the movies. They should've started filming the first movie as soon as Andrew Lincoln left the series.

Personally, I wouldn't pay to see the movies. I think AMC made a big mistake when they decided to turn them into a theatrical release. I think they way over estimated their audience's interest.

Respected Contributor

Article speculating about Michonne's deaprture ......

When The Walking Dead loses a hugely important cast member, they often try to do it in a way where it leaves the door open rather than flat-out killing them off. They did this most notably with Rick, where they went through a back-breaking storyline which made him appear dead to everyone (blowing up with the bridge), but spirited him away in a helicopter which is now leading to an entirely new storyline that will span a few different films, keeping Rick and Andrew Lincoln in the TWD family to some extent, even if his time on the week to week show is over. They also did this with Lauren Cohan who was written off with the door very clearly open for her to return which…she now is.

I have to believe that Danai Gurira also falls into that camp. The Walking Dead knows what a talent they have on their hands, and they’re not going to kill Michonne off, giving her zero chance to rejoin the universe. Gurira is a Tony-award winning playwright, an action star in the Marvel universe and she’s leaving to run her own HBO series. Not star in it, be literally be the showrunner, directing Oscar-winner Lupita Nyong’o.

As such, I have to believe that the plan for Gurira and Michonne is similar to what happened with Rick. In Michonne’s case, the most logical thing to happen is for her to be abducted by the helicopter/three-circle group that is apparently now known as “CRM” as recent developments in Fear the Walking Dead suggest.

It’s possible that Michonne could just set out looking for Rick once she gets some inkling that he’s alive, but this doesn’t especially make sense for story reasons, because I can’t envision her abandoning her children, Judith and RJ, to do this, and neither of them are going to leave the series (TWD is currently in love with its spritely little Judith Grimes in particular). And if she’s not going to be killed off, I have to believe the plan is for her to be abducted, and then to show up to some extent in the Rick Grimes movie trilogy, which could turn into the Rick and Michonne movie trilogy.

I suppose there is a small outside chance she could be killed. After all, she has taken on the role of comic Andrea, Rick’s partner, and Andrea is eventually killed in a scene that Robert Kirkman said was one of the hardest he’s ever written. And yet with Rick and Carl gone already, her death would sort of ring hollow. And again, I think AMC wants to leave that door open, so abduction it is.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't mind this episode.  I am a fan of Samantha Morton and I think she carries this role perfectly.

The episode was dark and brooding; fitting for this skin-wearing group. 

I liked this one better than the one that featured the Gov. way back when he first met Tara and her sister, although I get the lead-up to the finale when Hershel was killed.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I liked this episode, found it interesting though disgusting in parts, all the gore.  It does seem that Alpha is weakening a bit.