Honored Contributor

Re: SCANDAL: WHO DID IT?

[ Edited ]

@Stray wrote:

@Mz iMac- I think Papa Pope may designate people to kill but maybe the first time he pulled the trigger...or maybe he had respect for the new President...or he is a patriot and killing the President is crossing the line....but, he killed his lady friend because he loved her and he knew they would never let her go...or maybe torture her....so he did what is necessary....

but, Papa Pope is the best da*n actor in this series....

Papa Pope was stepping back a little and looked like he was really enjoying his new job until he saw the cameras....

@Stray    excellent points.

Joe Morton news on WatchingaWholeheartedly agree with you about Joe Morton. I recently saw a show about him and Kerry Washington said that he frequently takes her breath away when she's watching him do a scene.

Revealing a little of his back story with his former love also clarified some of his history with Olivia's mother. He always seemed so cold towards her and now I know why.

@Tinkrbl44   you called it. Others followed but you were first.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Tique    @Stray     @Mz iMac    @CANDLEQUEEN

Can someone please refresh my memory?

If I'm not mistaken, some time in the past year Fitz relieved "Command" of his duties.   I believe that Jake took his place ....  or did they also dissolve B613?

This guy who thinks Papa Pope can be made to do anything he wants .....  any theories as to who this guy is?  Clearly, he has a LOT of money, but WHY is he zero-ing in on Papa Pope?   Threatening to kill Olivia at the drop of a hat certainly is a shocker, but why can't Bad Rich Guy just hire an anonymous killer for hire and have them do the deed ....  for whatever is planned next? 

At the end of the episode, I recall this man say this is just the beginning .....   does he really think he can manipulate PP through extortion ...  indefinitely?  

Any theories you'd like to share?

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44

To be honest I do seem to remember Jake is/was the new head of B613.  However, it seems that a few of the assissins would rather stick w/PP as "double agents/assissins."  I don't think it was dismantled.  Just toned down to final orders must go through the Prez before any action is taken.

That's my take on it.

Now who this "new" organization is which the government knows nothing about is really a puzzle because B613 PP had no clue they even existed!!!  PP currently has one of his goons/assissin doing deep background checks on the guy & Sarah.

Another puzzle.....

Why does this organization want Millie to be prez so badly?????

============

If memory serves me correctly, during the first or 2nd season or whenever PP was introduced, PP cover was as an "archaeologist."  I think he worked at a museum.  I don't remember him teaching at a college.  Olivia had no clue about B613 early on in the series. 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Last night was "da bomb!"  My suspicions were on point.

I have a few Papa Pope questions....

1 - Papa Pope hesitated & cried in killing the newly elected prez.  Yet he killed the love of his life/college crush right between the eyes at the blink of an eye???? confused.gif

2 - Papa Pope was/is the head of an off the books black ops assassin organization yet, had no clue who those folks are blackmailing him???? confused.gif

I still don't know who they are myself.  That Sarah girl sure was funny w/her "quips" to Papa Pope/Eli.

The girl who plays Sarah is the daughter of Jeff Perry (Cyrus) and Laurie Metcalf.  Laurie M has been in tons of things but Roseanne's sister Jackie comes to mind.  The daughter certainly has her mom's voice.

Another bit of trivia for any Grey's Anatomy watchers, the new Doc who is running things and involved with Arizona is the real-life wife of Scott Foley (Jake).

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Tinkrbl44

To be honest I do seem to remember Jake is/was the new head of B613.  However, it seems that a few of the assissins would rather stick w/PP as "double agents/assissins."  I don't think it was dismantled.  Just toned down to final orders must go through the Prez before any action is taken.

That's my take on it.

Now who this "new" organization is which the government knows nothing about is really a puzzle because B613 PP had no clue they even existed!!!  PP currently has one of his goons/assissin doing deep background checks on the guy & Sarah.

Another puzzle.....

Why does this organization want Millie to be prez so badly?????

============

If memory serves me correctly, during the first or 2nd season or whenever PP was introduced, PP cover was as an "archaeologist."  I think he worked at a museum.  I don't remember him teaching at a college.  Olivia had no clue about B613 early on in the series. 

@Mz iMac

Early on,  Papa Pope was said to have worked for the Smithsonian Museum, but I originally thought that was just a cover for his B613 shenanigans.   I guess he really is an archaeologist with a job!    

As for why Mellie .....   I have no idea, but Olivia will be attached to Mellie ..... so maybe that's a way to control PP.   Just speculating here.

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

Another bit of trivia for any Grey's Anatomy watchers, the new Doc who is running things and involved with Arizona is the real-life wife of Scott Foley (Jake).

@Wsmom

i do not watch this show but loved Scott Foley when he was on Grey's Anatomy.  Wasn't he married to Jennifer Garner at one point?

Honored Contributor

Joe Morton, AKA Papa Pope, performs on Broadway rather frequently.  With that booming voice, I'd love to hear him sing.  

Well, today I was watching a couple White Collars I had recorded .... and lo and behold, there was Joe Morton as an FBI agent!   lol

Esteemed Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

@Wsmom

i do not watch this show but loved Scott Foley when he was on Grey's Anatomy.  Wasn't he married to Jennifer Garner at one point?

@lulu2, Yes, he was.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Tique    @Stray     @Mz iMac    @CANDLEQUEEN

Can someone please refresh my memory?

If I'm not mistaken, some time in the past year Fitz relieved "Command" of his duties.   I believe that Jake took his place ....  or did they also dissolve B613?

This guy who thinks Papa Pope can be made to do anything he wants .....  any theories as to who this guy is?  Clearly, he has a LOT of money, but WHY is he zero-ing in on Papa Pope?   Threatening to kill Olivia at the drop of a hat certainly is a shocker, but why can't Bad Rich Guy just hire an anonymous killer for hire and have them do the deed ....  for whatever is planned next? 

At the end of the episode, I recall this man say this is just the beginning .....   does he really think he can manipulate PP through extortion ...  indefinitely?  

Any theories you'd like to share?

@Tinkrbl44- Fitz did have control up to the inauguration....I think PP wanted to go straight but Jake will always be under PP's control.  Maybe we were led to believe the organization was inactive but you can never leave.  I have no clue about the guy but I think Jake may actually be controlling things.  If Cyrus is out of the way and Vargas dead, it leaves Mellie in place.  She is having the affair and that makes her vulnerable...  Mellie is stronger than they think but they believe she is weak, undisciplined etc....I love the Jake character but he is ruthless and underneath, he hates PP.  He would like to be free of PP and be President not VP....he was never thrilled about that...time will tell.  I hope we aren't looking at PP's final season because he is a fabulous actor....

Honored Contributor

@Stray

Thanks for your insights.

Anyone else think that Jake is really despising Vanessa lately?   I can't really tell if it's that he has other things on his mind and she is just in the way, or it's over between them.    

If I recall correctly, PP selected Vanessa for Jake .... because of her father's Washington pedigree and the huge fortune she'd inherit when daddy dies ..... which Jake helped along.

Clearly, Jake isn't used to being in a "regular" relationship, and it feels like the ball and chain.