Frequent Contributor

How many of you got to see the show on  Animal Plant  of "Saved by the Barn"?

Talk about a calming and wonderful show. Dan and his twin brother are owners of a barn animal sanctuary in Minnesota or Michigan. Can't remember which. They have a family farm they turned into this sanctuary with their dad and it is funny and cute and teary-eyed all at once. Some of the animals have disabilities that are lovingly helped by the remarkable staff.  It shows are over now but they are re-running on Animal Planet.com and probably on AP in a few months.  Please watch it! It will do your soul good.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Deblife, DH and I love this show; we set it up to record and rather than delete them, we saved them to re-watch again.

That family and their surrounding help do so much to help all of these animals. While watching the show, I've found myself not only laughing, but shedding some tears.  A very uplifting show indeed.   They also have a Facebook page which I follow.

I think they are run similarly like Farm Sancturary and the founder Gene Bauer.  Many years ago, a friend and I were able to visit that sanctuary and met him.   It was a wonderful experience.  My friend wanted to bring home a veal calf and I found a cute pig named Francis. 

Glad you enjoyed the show.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched that show this season!!  I enjoyed it very much. I also laughed and shed some tears at times.  Very nice family doing a wonderful thing for animals with disabilites!!

Respected Contributor

Thank you!  Sounds right up my alley...

Denise
Honored Contributor

@Deblife 

I also loved the show and hope they bring it back for another season!

I also love vet shows  Dr.Jeff from Colorado is mt favorite one!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

@Deblife 

I also loved the show and hope they bring it back for another season!

I also love vet shows  Dr.Jeff from Colorado is mt favorite one!

@cowboy sam, love Dr. Jeff's show too.  He and his staff are very caring people.