Honored Contributor

DeNiro has been a great actor for decades.  I have loved his movies and place him among the movie greats.  When I go to a movie I don't judge actors and actresses by their politics but by their performances.  

I salute DiNiro for his contributions to the entertainment world and for receiving the SAG award.

Respected Contributor
If I "salute" anyone, it sure won't be the likes of DeNiro.

And one can talk about his "contributions to the entertainment world" until Abe wakes up, but that still won't be what DeNiro and those in his loopy orbit consider these award shows to be: yet another opportunity to use them as a platform to spew their venom. And forget looking at the gowns, THAT is what they've morphed into. For the love of Mike, we watched our DVD of "The Founder," a good and entertaining movie, then checked out the special features, only to hear Laura Dern yapping about politics at a press conference about the film. She's as bad as Patricia Arquette when she receives an award.

How many of these annual exercises in self-aggrandizement are there, anyway? Emmys, BET, Grammys, Oscars, Golden Globes, BAFTA, Tonys, People's Choice, Critics Choice...SAG...

LOL How many working stiffs get awards bestowed on them for doing their jobs?

Enough, already.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

Great show!   It is award season in Hollywood!  The Golden Globes, SAG awards and the Oscars are my favorites.  I always particularly enjoy it if I have seen some of the movies.  

Trusted Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:

Robert DeNiro, you silly little man...

images (1).jpeg

@Moonlady , I'm sure you know this shot is frm a movie where he played someone who was 6' 5".

Esteemed Contributor

Robert De Niro is one of the finest actors of his time.He totally deserved to be honored.

Many famous people express their personal opinions.It's called freedom of speech.When we agree with them it's okay.But when we disagree with them it isn't. That's not how it works.Either everyone gets to express themselves or nobody does.

I personally would rather live in a world where we all get to express ourselves.Our differences are what makes us unique & even interesting at times.

Esteemed Contributor

I watch all the award shows. DH and I are big fans of the movies. I enjoyed the show tonight. I just wish we could have seen 3 of the movies that never came here (Bombshell, Jo Jo Rabbit, and Parasite). Perhaps they will come here as they are nominated and winning awards. Was so happy for Joaquin. Loved Joker! About DeNiro, I absolutely love him for years. And he can give his opinion like anyone else. Just becase people are actors doesnt meant they have to keep quiet. This is America, freedom of speech/ JMHO!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Valued Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I am looking forward to the SAG awards tonight.  I think I heard Bombshell got several nominations.  I have not seen it yet but plan to.  

It’s a very good movie and Charlize Theron’s transformation is amazing!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SAG Awards Tonite

[ Edited ]

I,m from the days , remember  Bob Hope?  I use to love the awards until it got political.  I want to be entertained.  If I want politics, i,ll watch the news, not some dirty mouth actor.

Valued Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Xivambala wrote:

No thank you. Robert's ship has sailed. He used to be a decent actor, but no more. I have been thoroughly disgusted and revolted watching him spew his political garbage. While everyone is entitled to their opinion, it was in very poor taste to to see how he abused his profession as an entertainer. How arrogant to think anyone really cares what he thinks.

Apparently you do..

The key phrase being, “everyone is entitled to their opinion.” 😉

Valued Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

Great show!   It is award season in Hollywood!  The Golden Globes, SAG awards and the Oscars are my favorites.  I always particularly enjoy it if I have seen some of the movies.  

WELL SAID!!!! Your positivity on this subject is refreshing.

Thank you! (And I couldn’t be happier for Renée Zellweger! She played “Judy” beautifully. What a performance!)