Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Nicole Kidman looks better in the deep brown.  I could do without the flourish at the shoulder, but the color is better than some of the things she's worn.

@VaBelle35, I love the shoulder.  I think in general Nicole is the best dressed actress in Hollywood and has been for a while.  I can't think of a single dress she's worn that I didn't love. 

And I'm so glad she won for "Big Little Lies" and Alexander Skarsgard too (agree about his speech).  

Honored Contributor

The world at night on t.v. is passing me by. By 8 p.m. I'm asleep.  So if awards shows go on and pageants go on, I'm not in the audiance. I seem to now have my own time zone. LOL

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I think G's dress is supposed to be "powerful" in the Wonder Woman/Greek Goddess kind of way, which is why I think they were going for the bronzed look.  

I took my fingers and covered up the cold shoulders and it looked good-very Art Deco. Just simple long sleeves is what it needs. 

I don't watch stuff like this but are you sure that's Kate Hudson? No resemblance??

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

I don't watch stuff like this but are you sure that's Kate Hudson? No resemblance??

Absolutely Kate Hudson

77DF841A-CA94-4423-A2D9-0A311497BD54.jpeg 

I was looking at some red carpet photos and wondered if this “look” was a trend??  Saw a few other similar looks.

F93E8E61-C1F3-4154-89C3-E82B6B456B90.jpeg

E14B9FFC-39BE-45CF-A7C0-7DC444B26A56.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Watching the Red Capret on Twitter and on E! (on mute) and HOLY BRONZER Guiliana

@VaBelle35...was this the way Guiliana looked tonight?  If so, was over the top and I really didn't like the dress, too busy looking.  I like her hair, though.

See the source image

She looks dreadful... Were she still around, Joan could have a field day...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I watched and enjoyed the show. It moves a lot quicker than other award shows, because there is no singing, dancing,etc........I loved that Morgan Freeman received the Lifetime Achievement Award, but honestly I thought there were better people to give him the award. Rita, while I like her, just didn't seem to know what to say-didn't end up saying much, and he didn'st seem to know when to come up...

It was a bit of a mess, I personally thought. I also didn't care for Morgan's speech, and thought he could have had a much better speech for an award that special!

I was ready for it to be over by the time it was over......I could have predicted the winners as well. You can pretty much guess the oscar winners..

Best Actor-Gary Oldman

Best Actress-Frances McDormand

Supporting actor- Sam Rockwell or Woody Harrelson

Supporting Actress-Allison Janney

Respected Contributor

VaBelle35......Thanks for the picture. I wasn't sure how to get one! They are quite alike.

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I watched and enjoyed the show. It moves a lot quicker than other award shows, because there is no singing, dancing,etc........I loved that Morgan Freeman received the Lifetime Achievement Award, but honestly I thought there were better people to give him the award. Rita, while I like her, just didn't seem to know what to say-didn't end up saying much, and he didn'st seem to know when to come up...

It was a bit of a mess, I personally thought. I also didn't care for Morgan's speech, and thought he could have had a much better speech for an award that special!

I was ready for it to be over by the time it was over......I could have predicted the winners as well. You can pretty much guess the oscar winners..

Best Actor-Gary Oldman

Best Actress-Frances McDormand

Supporting actor- Sam Rockwell or Woody Harrelson

Supporting Actress-Allison Janney

Oh yea, that looks to be the line-up, with "Three Billboards..." the likely pick for best pic... I like Frances, think she handles herself well and is a solid actress. She clearly doesn't buy into all the glitz and glam and good for her, but I just wonder why she couldn't comb her hair once in a while, you know, when going before a national TV audience...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Oh man, I had the show scheduled to record on TBS and I tuned in about 40-or so-minutes in to start watching and the TBS here wasn't airing it and something else was on.

Fortunately, I went to TNT and was able to start watching just as Morgan Freeman (love him so much!) was getting his Lifetime Achievement Award.

I got some buffer so I could FF through the bits where I was not familiar with, or interested in, the shows/actors winning.  But I enjoyed what I was able to see.  Have to Google it to see who all won, since I missed about 1/3 of it.

Honored Contributor

@steviebwrote:

Oh yea, that looks to be the line-up, with "Three Billboards..." the likely pick for best pic... I like Frances, think she handles herself well and is a solid actress. She clearly doesn't buy into all the glitz and glam and good for her, but I just wonder why she couldn't comb her hair once in a while, you know, when going before a national TV audience...

Smiley Wink

StevieB, Frances is never the glamor girl but she doesn't usually look quite as bad as she did last night.  That was odd and that she was nominated makes it even odder.  I just looked it up and she and Joel Coen have been married 33 years and in Hollywood that is remarkable.  Maybe she's trying to prove she has nothing to prove?  That would be refreshing.