Honored Contributor

Re: Ryan Phillipe - Secrets and Lies on TV Next Week

I keep thinking it's the wife, too... or the "friend" ... somebody drugged him (Ryan P) the night it happened ... I think they put something in his drink. Then, I laugh and say the lady detective did it... which may not be far from the truth.

A real good truth being revealed each episode, I think, is that each time someone is thought to be guilty because of a deed or word, it turns out that the reason has either not been evil or related. These twists make jumping to conclusions a bad idea.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

Maybe the boy's mother did it.

Respected Contributor

On 4/13/2015 Hildegarde Withers said:

Did anyone else think it was strange when Christy told Abby to let her dad hug her first? Why would it bother her that her daughter wants to hug her dad? Who cares who's first?

I could be wrong, but I thought Christy might have been thinking Ben could possibly have PTS from what he had just experienced with Kevin (the neighbor), and didn't want any of the girls to hug/touch their dad without him initiating things first.

It's interesting that Christy's brother sent the attorney the $25,000 retainer fee.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

On 4/13/2015 colliegirls said:

Lots of twists and turns last night and some good previews. Wow!

Yes, the previews looked good! And only 3 episodes left....

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

On 4/15/2015 Hildegarde Withers said: Could be...If so hopefully, it was an accident. Maybe Jess' sister, Jess' ex-husband and Cornell's sister had some kind of involvement in this. Wonder if Cornell's other sister, Jennifer, had any relevance in what happenedor if her family is just a side story.

From what I read, it seems like many viewers think Cornell did it.

Did you mean to type Cornell's "daughter" instead of "sister" when you mentioned Jennifer? I think I may have missed something from one of the episodes because I don't recall a sister of Cornell's. I haven't been watching the shows as attentively as I should (even though I do like this series), so I may very well have missed something about a sister of Cornell's. If it's Cornell's sister, can you tell me which episode it was in so I can re-watch it On-Demand? TIA

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

When the show first came on I went on line and read all about it. I read who did it at that time. I never mind knowing ahead of time about things.

I'll maybe watch it during the summer.

Respected Contributor

On 4/16/2015 Hildegarde Withers said:
On 4/16/2015 i like celery said:

Did you mean to type Cornell's "daughter" instead of "sister" when you mentioned Jennifer? I think I may have missed something from one of the episodes because I don't recall a sister of Cornell's. I haven't been watching the shows as attentively as I should (even though I do like this series), so I may very well have missed something about a sister of Cornell's. If it's Cornell's sister, can you tell me which episode it was in so I can re-watch it On-Demand? TIA

Yes, you're right. Jennifer is Cornell's daughter. I thought they were talking about another sister. I didn't realize Jennifer is her daughter's name - I missed that part.

The sister she was talking with in the car is Colonel Anderson. I'm not sure, but I think the episode is called "the Confession and is from 3/29/15 - episode 6.

Thanks, Hildegarde. I watched the episode again, and it wasn't shown, but I did see it is part of "Cornell: Confidential" on the ABC website. Do you think you might have seen it there? My understanding is "Cornell: Confidential" are webisodes on the ABC website that feature bonus content not included in the actual televised episodes? I guess it's supposed to give the viewers more insight into Detective Cornell, and why she is the way she is. Anyway, it was interesting to watch.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Esteemed Contributor

Can't wait until tonight's show!! I think I missed the part (must have been distracted) about Cornell's sister or daughter last week.

Respected Contributor

On 4/19/2015 colliegirls said:

Can't wait until tonight's show!! I think I missed the part (must have been distracted) about Cornell's sister or daughter last week.

Cornell's daughter is the girl Ben visited in jail.

I re-watched a few of the most recent episodes again On-Demand, and I still didn't see the scene with Cornell's sister (I do remember the scene with the daughter in jail, though)! I thought the scene with the sister was part of the bonus content on the ABC site, under the "Cornell: Confidential" section, but Hildegarde says it was shown in one of the actual televised shows. If you want to watch it, here's the link for the bonus content:

http://abc.go.com/shows/secrets-and-lies/video/cornell-confidential/VDKA0_vp5a07ho

(If it doesn't show the car scene, scroll down and select the third video titled, "Colonel Anderson." I think the link will take you directly to it, though.)

The most recent Cornell: Confidential clip on the ABC site shows us Cornell's husband, the psychologist who was mentioned in the last couple of episodes. If you remember, the daughter is in jail because she stole her father's prescription pads.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

I'm going to start at the beginning of this (On Demand) and watch it, if I can stand the commercials, if not, no big deal.