Respected Contributor

Re: Ryan Phillipe - Secrets and Lies on TV Next Week

On 3/8/2015 jordan2 said: Watching this the one that plays Jess looks so familiar and it is bothering me. I googled her, she is Natalie Martinez. I recognized her from Under The Dome where she played a deputy that was killed off.
Yeah, thé bad actress from the bad show. She cannot act at all.
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/8/2015 jordan2 said: Watching this the one that plays Jess looks so familiar and it is bothering me. I googled her, she is Natalie Martinez. I recognized her from Under The Dome where she played a deputy that was killed off.

I was thinking she looked familiar also and saw that she played on "Under the Dome" (loved that show!!). She looks so different with her hair down.

Respected Contributor

I am enjoying the show but did not realize it until someone said it but he is a little young looking to play this part. The casting definitely was not great. I like all the actors but he definitely is out of place as the father of the teenage daughters. Also he and the wife do not have any chemistry.

Honored Contributor

He must be blessed with good genes because he will be 41 this year! He has a 15 year old daughter in real life so he is old enough for this role.
Honored Contributor

Yep recognized Kadee Strickland, who plays his wife right away, she does look a lot older than when she was on Private Practice and Juliette Lewis looks very old too...Ryan looks great for his age and still has that boyish face, I like the show-but I don't love it, but will keep watching as I do not know who the Killer is!!!!!! One question-who is the guy that lives in the guest house behind their house? A brother, uncle or just a friend? Thanks!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I think he is just a friend. He seems like a loser and preys on females too young for him.
Esteemed Contributor

Terrible show. I couldn't even sit through the second episode. Wasn't he married to Reece Witherspoon. Their daughter is gorgeous!

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/9/2015 jordan2 said: I think he is just a friend. He seems like a loser and preys on females too young for him.

Did they ever explain who he is? Did I miss it?

Honored Contributor

On 3/10/2015 colliegirls said:
On 3/9/2015 jordan2 said: I think he is just a friend. He seems like a loser and preys on females too young for him.

Did they ever explain who he is? Did I miss it?

No you didn't miss an explanation. I just get the feeling that he is a friend, maybe from childhood or college.

Honored Contributor

Yes, he was married to Reese Witherspoon for several years. They also have a son together a few years younger than the daughter. The son is also really nice looking (look at the parents).

I know he had another daughter in 2011 with what the web's call a fling (nice huh)? Anyway, he starred in one of my favorite movies called Cruel Intentions. That's where he met Reese Witherspoon.