Respected Contributor

Re: Ryan Phillipe - Secrets and Lies on TV Next Week

annabelle, I can watch the latest episodes On-Demand, but Time Warner Cable doesn't have the first episode available. I watched it when it first aired, but just wanted to watch it again via my TV, and not on a device. It's all good, but it would be nice to re-watch it for any clues I have forgotten.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

On 4/20/2015 Hildegarde Withers said:
On 4/20/2015 i like celery said:

eta: Please don't post how the original Australian series ended!! I've been trying to avoid spoilers, and I'm almost afraid to read these threads because I don't want to know! ha ha

I won't. I've been avoiding mentioning several others things because of the other ending.

I could sense you knew other things, but were holding back, and I appreciate that! :-)

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

On 4/21/2015 Hildegarde Withers said:

Does anyone remember the timeline about that night or remember exactly what was said when Ben went to Jess' house to tell her about the tooth?

All Ben said to her was "It was the tooth". Did she immediately reply with, "That was you? I thought it was Scott. I'm glad Tom woke up. You're the closest thing he had to a father that night." Weird that she wasn't upset that he just walked into her house.

Let me know if I missed something or am getting the timeline wrong, but how did she know Tom had woken up? Sounds like she had heard everything, didn't it?

The timeline was Ben went directly to Jess' house right after he and his attorney met with Cornell to tell her what Ben had remembered about that night. You basically have most of the conversation between Ben and Jess. I still have the episode on my DVR, so here is more of their conversation:

Ben says to Jess, "It was Tom's tooth, wasn't it?" Jess starts to ask, "How would you (know)...?" Ben interrupts her, and says, "You woke up, it was gone, and a $10 bill was there, so you thought it was Scott." Jess says she thought Scott put it under the pillow while she was sleeping. She then asks Ben, "It was you?" Ben replies that he saw her light on, knocked, went around to the back, and the door was unlocked. He then says Tom woke up, and he walked him back to bed. (Ben doesn't say anything about putting a blanket on Jess or how he was about to leave right before he sees Tom). He says he stayed, until Tom fell asleep. He then says, "I didn't kill Tom." Jess says she knows, and that she's so happy Tom woke up, and that for his last night he got to feel what it felt like to be Ben's son. Jess puts her hands on Ben's face, and thanks him. Ben looks at Jess as though he grasps the enormity of what Jess has just said. Jess turns around, and goes inside. Ben leaves.

End of scene. :-)

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Esteemed Contributor

I am so glad that we discuss this show on this forum, it helps to hear about details that I missed!

Honored Contributor

You mean this show will end and another one will begin? Because I read about the one it's based on and the US version is already stretched out as it is. I thught it was ending.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/22/2015 Hildegarde Withers said:

How long has Christy's brother been living in that house that's not too far from Ben's house? Christy's brother could be a red herring, but he could have been the real killer of the kid/kids...not Seth G. His family insisted he killed himself because he couldn't take the pressure of being accused, but one of his kids said he found pictures and assumed it was true. Maybe Christy's brother planted them. It could be unrelated to Tom's death.

Wait, I am confused. That man who was accused of child secks and committed suicide was related to Ben or Christy? I thought he was just another case that Cornell worked.

Valued Contributor

If you go to "ABC.com"; click on "Secrets and Lies"; then click on "Latest episodes" it will allow you to read a full "recap" about the show and see a couple clips from the show.

This Sunday's episode is called "The Mother", in the preview for it Christy says the money is hers and that her brother has been giving it to her over time; Ben asked if it's for running away with the girls and Christy says "That's a good idea" but it originally wasn't for that.

I wonder if maybe Christy was fooling around with her "Client" longer than we were led to believe and became pregnant and she blackmailed him and that is where the money is from.

In the clip for Sunday's show that is shown on ABC.com they don't show the part where someone throws scissors at Ben??

Honored Contributor

I have watched all episodes and so far, I don't have a clear "who done it". For some reason I don't think Christy did it although at first she was on my list. Dave was never on my list but I was shocked that he kept the drugs from Ben for so long. Looking forward to tonight and will return to discuss.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Esteemed Contributor

On 4/26/2015 Hildegarde Withers said:
On 4/24/2015 debfau said:

I wonder if maybe Christy was fooling around with her "Client" longer than we were led to believe and became pregnant and she blackmailed him and that is where the money is from.

I had mentioned the same thing, but didn't think of blackmail. That could be.

Another possibility...Dave said Christy had changed about 6 years ago. Maybe Christy knew all along that Tom was Ben's son. The ultrasound pic might have been Jess' and somehow she got a hold of it.

It's just too coincidental that both Christy and Jess got pregnant at about the same time.

Interesting theory and makes sense!

Esteemed Contributor

Interesting theories!! I cannot wait until tonight's show!