Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012  no, next will be Charlie Brown’s Thanksgiving special. Yes there is a black child included at the table but he is sitting alone on one side of the table while everyone else is at both ends and the other side. 

Also, in the Rudolph movie there is some chauvinism. Mrs. (or is it “Ms.)  Donner wants to know if she can go along and Donner tells her, “no. This is men’s work.”

I saw all three of these… The Rudolph movie, the song, the Charlie Brown special...covered as being thought by some to be bad. I wonder what next year’s targets will be. 

Keepin' it real.
Trusted Contributor

That's how snowflake generations come about.  They will only get worse and functioning citizens will be in the minority.

Trusted Contributor

I don't think that "dumb" is all it is.  I think it is about control, with the online lemmings following.  I guess that part of it is the dumb.

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@beckyb1012  no, next will be Charlie Brown’s Thanksgiving special. Yes there is a black child included at the table but he is sitting alone on one side of the table while everyone else is at both ends and the other side. 

Also, in the Rudolph movie there is some chauvinism. Mrs. (or is it “Ms.)  Donner wants to know if she can go along and Donner tells her, “no. This is men’s work.”

I saw all three of these… The Rudolph movie, the song, the Charlie Brown special...covered as being thought by some to be bad. I wonder what next year’s targets will be. 

I read all that last week about the Charlie Brown and Mrs. Donner.  I suppose growing up and just being thrilled of the seasons I never noticed the boy sitting by himself.  I just loved all the fun of life as a child and did not actively look for evil or ugliness.  As far as Mrs.  Donner I have no problem with that comment, but I realize some folks do.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:
Do these people not have hobbies or something else to do with their time?

@beckyb1012

They want to take away your hobbies and dictate what you are to do with your time.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Kids aren't upset by this,  people over 18 are.  

Trusted Contributor

Rudolph is just precious in this special.  Always my favorite. DH hadn't seen it when a child (he's older than me) and we both sat and watched a few years ago when it was rereleased.  Just precious!

Super Contributor

@dex wrote:

What is wrong with baby it’s cold outside?

Rudolph is bullied but he overcomes it...that is a good message that children need to learn.The real world will never treat them with total kindness so they will need to learn to rise above it or be deflated.Omg those poor children will not be given any opportunity to develope strength of character.

This! 

I am so glad my kids are grown.  They are much better off than out next generation. They grew up like I did--no participation trophys, watching cartoons that showed "violence", and working for things they wanted instead of being handed everything.  Today they are intelligent, hardworking young men that know there can be only one winner, can handle themselves in situations with difficult people, and never hold their hand out for anything. 

For the record, they watched Wile E. Coyote fall off cliffs and blow himself up, and never once thought it was real or that they could do the same thing and not get hurt.  They simply saw it for the entertainment that it is.  Most importantly, they watched Rudolph every year, and never grew up being bullies.  

Now I am going to go put Baby It's Cold Outside on repeat and drink a cup of tea.

Esteemed Contributor

If there is a song that is offensive its "Grandma got run over by a reindeer"......LOL

Occasional Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

If there is a song that is offensive its "Grandma got run over by a reindeer"......LOL

Yes!  All grandma's should unite to get this one banned Woman LOL