Honored Contributor

Has anyone else seen this on PBS? I watched the episode on Queen Anne and learned a lot about the truth of Queen Anne and how Sarah Churchill tried to sabatoge how much Anne actually did. Interesting. Now I want to see other episodes!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

You'll find most of history is not as you think it is. Movies make up stuff, book reading is not accurate, etc.  Hard to tell what is real.

Honored Contributor

I watched the episode "Marie Antoinette:The Doomed Queen" and it was good,  Now I want to watch the other shows.  By the way, the series is hosted by Lucy Worsley.  I like her but some here don't.

Esteemed Contributor

I tend to enjoy the programs hosted by Lucy Worsley.  She has some sort of title/position that grants her access to behind the palace walls so to speak.  She has presented very interesting answers about Queen Victoria.  She has had access to archival clothing of monarchs, the weaving facility used for ages, etc.  And, she has been privy to what really happened in the history of the monarchy as opposed to what the subjects were led to believe.

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom you might find the story of Queen Charlotte very, very interesting.  My daughter loves all things royal (I don't too much) but there are some interesting tidbits about her reign and lineage to be found if you're willing to do a little research.

F.Y.I.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset   you referring to the wife of George III  ?

Honored Contributor

used to be another historian gal on PBS that I liked better then Lucy 

she must not be on any more

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom If you enjoyed the PBS Series you might like to read the Antonia Frasier biiographies of the English Royalty.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@gertrudecloset   you referring to the wife of George III  ?

Yes, I am @SharkE.

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

You'll find most of history is not as you think it is. Movies make up stuff, book reading is not accurate, etc.  Hard to tell what is real.

I agree about book reading.  Especially school books.  Most history wasn't taught accurately as a great deal of it wasn't true.  That's changing though, so there is good reliable information out there.  Just depends on the source from which we gather @SharkE