Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Roy Rogers Museum in Branson closes

[ Edited ]

The Roy Rogers Museum in Brandon closed

and many of his collection (Trigger and Bullet etc) were auctioned off; many for huge sums of money.  I remember when Roy and Dale had their home and museum near Victorville in CA.  When he died, the collection was moved to Branson.  I hope that Trigger ends up in Gene Autry's museum or in the Smithsonian.

Regular Contributor

Re: Roy Rogers Museum in Branson closes

This was several years ago, I was so sad then I heard Roy Jr had to close and sell. I found a website of The Ranch in NM that has some of his things. I believe they have Trigger, bullet and some  other things ondisplay there. Is neat to know someone is enjoying them..The Ranch used to be the home of Imus and he sold it, it became a resort, like dude ranch sorta..

Respected Contributor

I suppose not many of us are left that would enjoy or even remember Roy Rogers and Dale Evans.....kinda sad.

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

Roy Rogers’ height of popularity was in the 1950s. That’s a very long time ago, basically two generations. Today’s young people have no idea who these characters were. Time marches on.

Honored Contributor

Happy Trails to You, Until We Meet Again!!!!!

I loved their theme song when they had their TV show in the fifties.  I know I am dating myself but it was a care free time in life, watching TV or being out with my friends!!!!!  There were a lot of Westerns on at the time and The Roy Rogers/Dale Evans show was a popular one among many!  

Trusted Contributor

@2blonde  I think you are right, our generation especially me I guess, sure love my western movies.  I grew up on them and still watch today.

Trusted Contributor

I loved that show. I had a set of Dale Evans toy guns, vest and hat.

Loved to hear them sing "Happy Trails to You".  Sweet memories.

Esteemed Contributor

One of my tv channels runs old tv shows including Roy & Dale, The Lone Ranger and such. I think I even saw some Gene Autry shows. I get a bang out of how much the outdoor scenes are alike when the actors meet and stop to talk while on their horses or to hide or to shoot at the bad guys. They all seem to stop in front of or behind the same fake big rocks with the same fake shubbery. Even the stage coaches when they get robbed all get robbed at the same spot.

Honored Contributor

8ebaf333b4a57e8555f8869ec24e2fe8.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I know about Roy Rogers even though he was before my time. I always thought it was incredibly creepy and wrong that Trigger was stuffed.😢😱