Honored Contributor

Re: Roswell, New Mexico

[ Edited ]

Two things...

First, I did not like the idea of interjecting race and politics into the show...I'm out based on this alone.

Second, the show is not broadcast in HD and I find it difficult to watch...blurry and hard to see details.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

Two things...

First, I did not like the idea of interjecting race and politics into the show...I'm out based on this alone.

Second, the show is not broadcast in HD and I find it difficult to watch...blurry and hard to see details.

I agree. I'm getting very weary of trying to relax and enjoy SO MANY programs and other media and being forced to endure their 'message'... It really is acceptable for programs to focus on entertainment and skip or at least minimize their not so subtle attempts to educate we the apparently unschooled public... who apparently are not permitted to form our own opinions without their often rather glaring input and efforts to shape our points of view... Otherwise, while the show has promise, I wasn't wowed by some of the casting...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

@ID2  I didn't even watch the whole thing. Did not even make it half way through.

Frequent Contributor

@lmt Max and Liz have no chemistry at all this time. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't mind that they returned to the character premise of the books instead of those in the first tv series (Liz Ortecho was her name in the books; Liz Parker in the original tv series), so it makes sense that she would have problems just like immigrants are having today.

The main part that bothered me is that they chose to make Liz ignorant of the fact that her friends were aliens, while in the tv series they had known for a long time.  So why start over?  They also knew fairly soon in the books.

And the Max character looks too much like Kyle in the original.  I thought it was Kyle who had grown up to follow in his dad's footsteps when Max first came on screen.

Nick Wechsler, original Kyle (sheriff's son)

Nathan Parsons, current Max

The actor also teases what's in store when Jackson and Hayley walk into Finn's trap in an upcoming episode.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

@ID2 @SilleeMee @stevieb  I completely agree with you about the politics.

It's disappointing that they decided to go that route. I hear enough of that everyday on the news, I certainly don't want or need it in my entertainment viewing.

Respected Contributor

@mwmc wrote:

@lmt Max and Liz have no chemistry at all this time. 

@mwmc  Zip. Nada. None.

The original Max and Liz smoldered; these new ones completely fizzled. 

I like the new Max, but the new Liz is too rough around the edges.

Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

I don't mind that they returned to the character premise of the books instead of those in the first tv series (Liz Ortecho was her name in the books; Liz Parker in the original tv series), so it makes sense that she would have problems just like immigrants are having today.

The main part that bothered me is that they chose to make Liz ignorant of the fact that her friends were aliens, while in the tv series they had known for a long time.  So why start over?  They also knew fairly soon in the books.

And the Max character looks too much like Kyle in the original.  I thought it was Kyle who had grown up to follow in his dad's footsteps when Max first came on screen.

Nick Wechsler, original Kyle (sheriff's son)

Nathan Parsons, current Max

The actor also teases what's in store when Jackson and Hayley walk into Finn's trap in an upcoming episode.

@GingerPeach  I'm confused on this.

In both the original series and the new one, Liz finds out about Max and the others in the very first episode.

And yes, Nick and Nathan do look alike.

Trusted Contributor

I guess ignorance is bliss.  I never watched the opriginal series.  Kind of liked this show.  I do love a little sci fi content once in awhile.

Looking forward to the series.

Respected Contributor

Last week's premiere episode had the lowest ratings for the night ......

The numbers for Tuesday:

TimeShowAdults 18-49 rating/shareViewers (millions)
8 p.m.Ellen’s Game of Games (NBC)1.7/86.35
 NCIS (CBS)1.3/612.10
 The Conners (ABC)1.3/66.65
 Lethal Weapon (FOX)0.7/33.20
 The Flash (The CW)0.6/31.68

8:30 p.m.The Kids Are Alright (ABC)0.8/44.26

9 p.m.This is Us (NBC)2.0/87.70
 FBI (CBS)1.0/59.33
 Black-ish (ABC)0.8/43.33
 The Gifted (FOX)0.5/21.68
 Roswell, New Mexico (The CW) – P0.4/21.54

9:30 p.m.Splitting Up Together (ABC)0.7/32.64