Regular Contributor

I was just going to mention Ruth Gordon. What a talent. She could do anything. It was filmed at the Dakota....the last home of John Lennon.

Remember the tannis root necklace? Poor Mia. Little did she know what she was in for. Love, love, love this movie.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

They never showed the baby even though that was the name of the movie. But I can clearly remember the look on her face when she first laid her eyes on the baby.

Oh I have seen this movie so many times, it is a classic! The music that they play when she sees her babu for the 1st time is so scary!!!!!!You can only imagine what he looks like......This was one of those movies that is super scary and spooky without gore and killing, etc......An old fashioned horror movie!

Respected Contributor

Re: Rosemary's Baby

[ Edited ]

I love the "OLD" horror movies.  They go the psychological route, the music, the shadows, etc...  I call it the Spook Factor.  The newer ones are full of blood and gore.  Nothing is left to the imagination.  

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

I saw this move when I was around 15 years old at the drive-in alone with three boys...My BF, his brother and his brother's friend.  They were supposed to drive to the store to get something to eat and return me and BF back to my house.

They recused to take me home and went to the Drive-in instead. Long story short, but I got grounded forever.

i read the book before I saw the movie. I was pretty scary at the time, but I was more afraid of my parents when I got home after midnight.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity I read the book when it first came out, very good. IMO the movie wasn't very good. But for me, movies are never nearly as good as the book! But the book was scary in a fun way!

Honored Contributor

I have several dvds, love this movie, can't count the number of times I have watched it.  I hated the John Cassavetes character, he played it so well, and Mia was so sweet.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

I have several dvds, love this movie, can't count the number of times I have watched it.  I hated the John Cassavetes character, he played it so well, and Mia was so sweet.

@mousiegirl  The acting is great. It seems very realistic as well.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl  The acting is great. It seems very realistic as well.

@colliemom4   I think Ruth Gordon won an award, and so she should have, loved her, and there was a Columbo episode in which she starred, Try and Catch Me, great.

Trusted Contributor

Love Ruth Gordon when she's taking an hour to hand wash the crystal... "Your sistar married"? 

Esteemed Contributor

I've watched this movie too many times to count but I could have sworn I saw the baby's eyes at one time even though it was a quick shot because they looked like a reptile.  I'm thinking there maybe two ending versions.

Rosemary's Baby is indeed a thriller/horror movie.  The new movies are about who can be the goriest!