Honored Contributor

Roseanne returning with original key cast members

[ Edited ]

If I read correctly, there is an alert that 8 episodes of a new Roseanne will be returning, with original key cast members.  JFYI  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Re: Roseanne returning with original key cast members

What channel?

Didn't they kill off "Dan" in the finale of the original run?

Honored Contributor

I can't see it working. What was funny in the past doesn't always seem as funny in the present. Can you imagine All In The Family returning...that would really not work.

Honored Contributor

That would be interesting, but it's pretty far down the line.  Johnny and Sara have regular gigs.  John does movies and some TV.

I really like Sarah Chalk (the second Becky) but haven't seen much of her lately.

Laurie Metcalf is just awesome.  She's sometimes on TBBT and has a sitcom here and there.  I always look for her.

The first Becky - meh.

DJ - forgot the actor's name.   I wonder what he's up to.

Esteemed Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

I can't see it working. What was funny in the past doesn't always seem as funny in the present. Can you imagine All In The Family returning...that would really not work.

I loved that dhow in the day,  it wouldn't work now because of the PC police.

Valued Contributor

My first experience with crude people.  Did not watch.

Honored Contributor

I guess they've officially run out of ideas for new shows.  Wasn't funny the first time around so why repeat it? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I don't recall ever watching an episode.  Still, I'm guessing that lots of folks watched it way back in those days.  Same with All In The Family.  I wasn't crazy about that one, either.  But it, too, was popular.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

So they won the lottery$$$ and killed off Dan .  Will they come back like that was just a dream Roseanne had perhaps? 

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

If I read correctly, there is an alert that 8 episodes of a new Roseanne will be returning, with original key cast members.  JFYI  

This is great news for me.  I love Roseanne and I watch the reruns.  Hopefully it is on cable and not netflix.  I do not have netflix.  Thanks for posting.Smiley Happy