Super Contributor

Re: Roseanne fans

[ Edited ]

I believe I heard that all of the shows had already been taped, so if she is controlling, it is about next year already.  This season is complete.  I am enjoying it every week.

Honored Contributor

@sissel wrote:

I am recording it. Hope this is gossip but heard Roseann is giving them a hard time with what she wants on the show. Read something about her being too controlling.Who knows so far I like the show

I would not be surprised at all!   I have a feeling she really wants to inject a lot of the nutcasery and conspiracy theory stuff that she's been spouting lately.

I think they've done a halfway decent job of curtailing it, but I can totally see her wanting to maximize on it.   Initially, I thought it was just the character she plays but it turns out it is her as well.    Fortunately, most thinking people see through it, but it doesn't make it any less repugnant.

I do want to see what they did with the David character.   It appears he's taken a bad turn but that's a shame because it doesn't seem like  David to me.   But then, 20 years can make a big difference!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@sissel wrote:

I am recording it. Hope this is gossip but heard Roseann is giving them a hard time with what she wants on the show. Read something about her being too controlling.Who knows so far I like the show

Some things never change, I suppose. Her battles with the network, producers, and staff were legendary during the first run.

Esteemed Contributor

I liked the premiere and every week it just gets better! I've really been enjoying it.

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

I liked the premiere and every week it just gets better! I've really been enjoying it.

I too think it has gotten better each week. I am really enjoying it.

I thought Sara#2 would be back this week but maybe the story line ends with her finding another surrogate and she won't be back.

Honored Contributor
I thought the mom looked fantastic. Still funny. One of the funniest scenes to me was Becky when she had that bloody Mary with celery and no tomatoe juice. Lol
Trusted Contributor

the first time around the show was baste on her real life, she wrote most of it if I recall,but of course the producers and directors etc.wanted to take over,so I hope Roseann does influence this new show she does a down to earth script and thats the way I like it.Tucka.

Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

@sissel  Back during the original run, Roseanne was always controlling on the show. There were lots of stories about her clashing with and firing many, many of the writers. 

Roseanne Barr IS THE SHOW.  The reason the show has been a hit is that Roseanne stuck to her guns and got her way about how she wants the show to be.  It is no different on the new show I am sure.

Trusted Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@sissel wrote:

Controlling.  Code for a woman who knows what she wants.  They don't say that about men.  I am enjoying this show.  I thought last nights multiple story lines were perfect.  The way David's story line ended was real.  The final seen with Johnnie and Roseanne was so sweet.  They are really good actors.

@Shawnie @sissel So true! If a woman is assertive and in charge she is a controlling b___. If a man is in charge and controlling he’s a visionary. These days everyone wants to be in charge and that’s not how life works. Roseanne has been a hit show for over 20 years because of Rosanne. Making a hit TV show is a lot like making a good cake. You break a lot of eggs to make a great cake, and you break a lot of big egos to make a hit TV show. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

You can watch last nights show on the abc website, I just did, the Mom was great!!

I can't watch it, they asked for a cable provider and I don't have one.