Honored Contributor

Re: Rosanne.......who watched it last night?

@Yardliewrote:

I did not watch the original series when it was on, but my 93 y.o. mother has on the re-runs every day, so I'm familiar with it. 

I was curious, so I tuned in. It was ok, but they could not cover everything last night...is DJ's wife African American or did they adopt that cute little girl? I don't think they mentioned Mark (Becky's husband), but I read about what supposedly happened to him...both in the story and in real life. Did they mention or show Becky's child? Supposedly, she had one in the original series. I heard her talking to Mark the other day about the fact that she was pregnant but didn't want to tell anyone yet. I wish they would have made Jackie look a tad more attractive like she was in the original series. I like that they covered current issues like Darlene's son's gender fluidity and DJ's wife being deployed. 

I'll tune in again next week more out of curiousity than anything. 

@Yardlie  Roseanne said in an interview on the VIew yesterday that DJ's wife is the little black girl he refused to kiss on a famous episode back in the day.  She thought it would be cool so that grandchild is a biological Conner.  

Jackie mentioned that Mark had died on the show last night which I think is what happened to the actor in real life.  But you are right about the baby.  Now that you said that, I do remember it being mentioned back in the day.  I wonder if it was just a scare or a lost pregnancy or that kid is coming up at some point.  

Honored Contributor

@Laura14wrote:

@Yardliewrote:

I did not watch the original series when it was on, but my 93 y.o. mother has on the re-runs every day, so I'm familiar with it. 

I was curious, so I tuned in. It was ok, but they could not cover everything last night...is DJ's wife African American or did they adopt that cute little girl? I don't think they mentioned Mark (Becky's husband), but I read about what supposedly happened to him...both in the story and in real life. Did they mention or show Becky's child? Supposedly, she had one in the original series. I heard her talking to Mark the other day about the fact that she was pregnant but didn't want to tell anyone yet. I wish they would have made Jackie look a tad more attractive like she was in the original series. I like that they covered current issues like Darlene's son's gender fluidity and DJ's wife being deployed. 

I'll tune in again next week more out of curiousity than anything. 

@Yardlie  Roseanne said in an interview on the VIew yesterday that DJ's wife is the little black girl he refused to kiss on a famous episode back in the day.  She thought it would be cool so that grandchild is a biological Conner.  

Jackie mentioned that Mark had died on the show last night which I think is what happened to the actor in real life.  But you are right about the baby.  Now that you said that, I do remember it being mentioned back in the day.  I wonder if it was just a scare or a lost pregnancy or that kid is coming up at some point.  

Glenn Quinn in 2002 died of a herion overdose, age 32.

Glenn Quinn.jpg

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

I watched. I liked it. I will continue to watch it.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

@Gramy24wrote:

Like I wrote in the similar thread:

Liked it the first run but after last night NO!  Too much political innuendos. I can get that all day long on cable news. I also thought some of the acting was mediocre at best. 

I agree.  I tried to like it, but it just wasn't funny enough for me.  Why can't these comedians just stick to comedy without all this mess?  I rarely watch anything on network tv, and I realized while watching this show, I'm not missing anything.

Honored Contributor

I did watch it and I liked it.  Most of the shows the bring back, actually all of them that I have seen, are awful.  Absolutely awful and they don't appeal to a modern audience.  Roseanne was a pleasant surprise; it was exactly like dropping on the Connor family 20 years later.  They had to provide the history and context to remind former viewers and to get new viewers caught up and introduce the characters and that took away from the show but it was necessary.  I'll watch it again.  

Esteemed Contributor

I would've loved to have seen it but we don't get cable....it will probably pup up somewhere online soon....

Honored Contributor

I tried to watch a few  minutes but turned it----don't like her tone and snarky remarks and all the yeling. Never did. And find nothing funny about the state of whats going on currently. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@YorkieonmyPillowwrote:

I would've loved to have seen it but we don't get cable....it will probably pup up somewhere online soon....

Here you go @YorkieonmyPillow I do not have cable either so I am going to try to watch soon.

http://abc.go.com/shows/roseanne/episode-guide

Or maybe not, I just hit the watch button and this is not what I thought when I found earlier this a.m.  Sorry @YorkieonmyPillow

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@DrKelliwrote:

I thought it was pretty good.  I enjoyed the original actors.  Did Roseanne and Jackie's mom die in real life?  I think her name is Estelle Parsons?  I wonder if David will make an occasional appearance.  I know the actor that played Becky's husband, Mark, died in real life.

@DrKelli  Estelle Parsons is still alive.  She is 90!  

Regarding Johnny Galecki, he WILL make an appearance as David.  As far as I know, he only filmed one episode, but maybe he will be in more.  

Respected Contributor

@151949 You don't say if you ever watched the old show, but Roseanne & Dan were VERY hard-working (took any job they could find to pay the bills and keep food on the table), and DID have standards and morals. Did they always live up to them? No, but most of us slip now and again. They loved their children and each other fiercely, and it showed. They did fight occasionally, but it was never physical, and their children were punished when they did something wrong, again, never got physical because both Roseanne & Dan grew up with parents who hit them.

I really don't see anything "low life" about them. They yelled at each other, yes, but they also laughed and kidded each other a lot...parents and children. Very much like the family I grew up in.