Honored Contributor

Rosanne Barr sitcome Returning....

I will tune in the first show...see how they bring Dan back to life....or how they play it up that he died but is back. I wonder how being lottery million dollar winners in the old show plays in the new script? Maybe they make it a dream Roseanne had and reality is that they are still broke? Guess we will find out

Honored Contributor

Re: Rosanne Barr sitcome Returning....

@SeaMaiden  The lottery was a dream in the show finale.  Roseanne wrote it as a fantasy of what it would be like to be rich.

Personally, I never liked that storyline in the original so I'm glad it won't show up again.

It wouldn't be Roseanne without the Connors being who they are.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3wrote:

@SeaMaiden  The lottery was a dream in the show finale.  Roseanne wrote it as a fantasy of what it would be like to be rich.

Personally, I never liked that storyline in the original so I'm glad it won't show up again.

It wouldn't be Roseanne without the Connors being who they are.

@Cakers3  Thanks for the explanation...I might have missed the last show  years ago.

Esteemed Contributor

I hope it’s as good as the original.Looking forward to it!!

Honored Contributor

cannot wait.....really enjoyed the show when it was on (except for probably the last season.) i do watch the reruns also. such a GREAT ensemble cast.  i have been following roseanne ever since she began appearing on the late night talk shows.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Shhh.......don't tell but I never watched that show - not once.  Same for something with Raymond - ??   Loved Home Improvement - (the family plus Al and guy (eyes) over the fence.  (Wilson I believe)

Esteemed Contributor

I saw a few episodes of it the first time around. I found them all to be off putting. I can't say I'll watch any of it the second time around.

Honored Contributor

@fthuntwrote:

Shhh.......don't tell but I never watched that show - not once.  Same for something with Raymond - ??   Loved Home Improvement - (the family plus Al and guy (eyes) over the fence.  (Wilson I believe)

Me too

the domestic goddess thing turned me off

But I think I was in the minority.

I may have to peek in  on the new show, I don't dislike any of the actors, just not a huge fan of sit-coms.

Valued Contributor

I never saw the show in its original airing, but I have seen many of the episodes in re-run. It turns up frequently on different channels.

I'll be watching tomorrow night out of curiosity, to see how and what all the characters are doing.

Respected Contributor

I think they are pushing it by not having them play their actual ages because Roseanne Barr and John Goodman are both 65 and the review in entertainment weekly said they are struggling without health insurance so wouldn't they have at least medicare.  I can understand them being broke.   Sara Gilbert is 43.   

The preview clip I saw showing Dan asking what their was to eat and Roseanne throwing a frozen tv dinner on the table which to me seemed been there done that.

I'll probably watch it though.