Honored Contributor

Re: Rocketman (Elton John Biopic)

I haven't seen it yet but will soon. I've read it's pretty wild but who knows. I rarely ever go to movie theatres but told my sister in law I'd see it with her.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl 

Those scenes wouldn't bother me but I was not expecting that, didn't cross my mind but considering who it is and the time period, probably should have.  My friend talked about seeing this movie with her daughter and her 15 year old grandaughter but after reading about those scenes,  she put an end to that plan.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@shaggygirl   I will, shaggygirl. 

I'm assuming the scene you would have trepidation about seeing is probably between two men?

Even between a man & a woman if it gets too explicit I get uncomfortable. So between two men I might get even more so. Don't know, never sat through it with two males. Even here at home alone I tried watching the Fifty Shades movies and I made it through but felt....just not right. Looked away a few times! My old age maybe?

No, it's not your age.  Things like that are just not within you comfort zone.  Nothing wrong with that.

Esteemed Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

I'm assuming the scene you would have trepidation about seeing is probably between two men?

Why would you assume that?

"I get uncomfortable at the movies when there are explicit s** scenes and I've read that this one has them (ground breaking ones)"

So, it's more than likely because the sex scene being discussed is in a movie about Elton John who is gay. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember seeing Al Pacino in "Cruising" many years ago and I found THAt movie disturbing.

I won't be going to see Rocketman from what I read about it..

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee
I am really excited to see it as I was a massive Elton John fan growing up. I can still sing entire songs from Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, the double album.
Please post a review on the forums if you go this weekend. I hope it does justice to the brilliant songwriting team of Elton John and Bernie Taupin.
Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Even between a man & a woman if it gets too explicit I get uncomfortable. So between two men I might get even more so. Don't know, never sat through it with two males. Even here at home alone I tried watching the Fifty Shades movies and I made it through but felt....just not right. Looked away a few times! My old age maybe?

Watching two men?  Ahhhh... no thanks.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here is the trailer for Rocketman 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3vO8E2e6G0

Looks like a good one, but a wild ride for some too.

Honored Contributor

would like to see it,  the soundtrack is available on Spotify as well

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

Here is the trailer for Rocketman 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3vO8E2e6G0

Looks like a good one, but a wild ride for some too.

@threecees   Oooh the trailer makes me want to see it even more.  Thanks for that. I'm definitely going - maybe the day it opens on the 31st (which isn't this weekend).