Contributor

Re: Rocketman (Elton John Biopic)

Hahaha!! I can definitely identify. There were about 4-5 people in the AMC movie that I went to and the couple behind me looked to be in their 70's.  I felt like a spring chicken. 

Honored Contributor

@TheRealOneForSure wrote:

Bless your heart and thank you for the birthday wishes. Every one is a blessing and a gift. Just found out that a dear friend passed away this morning. Always grateful for a new day.

@TheRealOneForSure   Your post above just inspired my new thread in the Community Chat forum:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/How-Have-The-Deaths-of-Your-Friends-Contemporaries-Affec...

Honored Contributor

Going to see it tomorrow night 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

I love Elton John's music but I get uncomfortable at the movies when there are explicit s** scenes and I've read that this one has them (ground breaking ones) so unfortunately I'm going to have to skip this one. Hope you'll do a review though after you've seen it.

It’s not nearly as offensive as I expected. ONE scene. I did a long “blink” and it was over. Not anywhere near reason enough not to see this awesome film! 

Honored Contributor

@Ifeelwicked 

I agree.  I find violence more offensive then what was shown.  Great movie!

Honored Contributor

We saw the movie last night and hubby and I both liked it. We both found it a bit drawn out. I think the big production numbers were not needed.

The gay sex scene was nothing it was not over the top

I would give this move a B-

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

Just saw this last night. It was well done and not the format I was expecting. While I liked the music and the performances, the story itself was just so sad, it is not a movie I will see again. It's hard not to compare it to Bohemeian Rhapsody since the time period was the same, and that movie, to me, was far more joyful and entertaining. Since John Reid even managed both Queen and Elton, I read that they tried to do a cameo with Rami Malek sitting with John Reid and waving to Elton in a scene, but that didn't happen. 

I am so glad that Elton is happy and healthy and living the life he has earned and deserved.

And, as others have said, that "sex" scene was nothing!

Valued Contributor

My husband and I saw it yesterday and really enjoyed it. The sex scene was nothing! They were kissing and you could see that they were taking off their clothes but then the camera moved away. There was no nudity! Much easier to watch than the sex scenes in most movies these days!. I had no idea that Elton's life was so sad. I'm happy that he is sober, healthy and happy now!!

Respected Contributor

Rocketman was wonderful.  Taron Egerton deserves an oscar for his performance. He actually sang Elton's songs and did a wonderful job. Rami Malek lip synced Freddie Mercury/Queen songs.

Honored Contributor

@culebra wrote:

Rocketman was wonderful.  Taron Egerton deserves an oscar for his performance. He actually sang Elton's songs and did a wonderful job. Rami Malek lip synced Freddie Mercury/Queen songs.

@culebra   I so agree with this.  I hope he wins one.