Honored Contributor

Re: Rocketman (Elton John Biopic)

Other than some of the extreme hard core stuff, sex scenes don't really bother me that much, I just hope, given the success of Bohemain Rhapsody and the iikely success of this one, that we don't see a whole barrage of musical biopics... Elton is amazing but I might or might not pay to see the film... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Other than some of the extreme hard core stuff, sex scenes don't really bother me that much, I just hope, given the success of Bohemain Rhapsody and the iikely success of this one, that we don't see a whole barrage of musical biopics... Elton is amazing but I might or might not pay to see the film... 

At the very least, I know I'll like the music!

I remember him well when he first started out, before he got so flamboyant with all the costumes and eyeglasses.  Love Your Song and most of his other music.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

YEARS ago when I was in college, I was dating one of the university radio station's DJs, and he got to interview Elton John before a performance. I went with him and all I remember is Elton rushing by to get on stage, he stopped and told me that he really liked my purse!!! Can't wait to see this. Also loved Bo Rhap!

Trusted Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ
What a great story! Elton John liked your purse! Love!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I’ll see it when it opens, but I’m a little annoyed that my theatre isn’t selling tickets yet! For movies that I’m eager to see, I try to buy my ticket as soon as I can in order to get “my” seat!

Speaking of music related films, I’m also really looking forward to Yesterday. Not a biopic, but you know the music will be great.
Valued Contributor

Yikes - No Thanks

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I remember seeing Al Pacino in "Cruising" many years ago and I found THAt movie disturbing.

I won't be going to see Rocketman from what I read about it..

I found Cruising unnecessarily graphic. I still shudder if I think about it.

Honored Contributor

I grew up with his music and would have liked seeing the evolution of his career and hearing the songs again, but when I read that there would be there would be a gay secks scene, that squashed it for me.

Honored Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

YEARS ago when I was in college, I was dating one of the university radio station's DJs, and he got to interview Elton John before a performance. I went with him and all I remember is Elton rushing by to get on stage, he stopped and told me that he really liked my purse!!! Can't wait to see this. Also loved Bo Rhap!

@Lisa now in AZ   What a great story!  I once also dated a DJ but got no such perk!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't care about watching two men having sex.  Does nothing for me and doesn't bother me.

I love Queen.  I love Freddie Mercury.   I have issues with  Bohemian Rhapsody because they did not portray Freddie Mercury honestly.  IMO it was a money grab on the part of the band members and won't see it.  I'm appalled they want to make a sequel and I sincerely hope Ramie Malik says no.

I love Elton.  Growing up in NY I was so lucky to see him at Madison Square Garden the night John Lennon joined him onstage.  My first concert at the Garden,, at a young age.  It was amazing

I love Elton's honesty and his heart.  His generosity.  His incredible performance at Princess Di's funeral.  His long relationship, now marriage, and fatherhood.  He's had a great life story.  

And I love his involvement in and commitment to the movie including casting.  He wanted it made in his lifetime.  He wanted someone who could sing for himself.  And he wanted it to tell the truth.