Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@jellyBEAN 

Did you mean, Billy J. Kramer and the Dakotas?

A lesser known band, but had a few good songs...Bad to Me, was a favorite.  They were managed by Brian Epstein of Beatles fame.  Came in with the British Invasion.  Crooner is perfect description.

DH and I saw him a few years back singing with a lineup of artists from that time, including Peter Asher of Petter and Gordon.  He still had a fab voice.

Yes, that's who I meant.  I'd never heard of them or seen them before.  I've heard of Peter and Gordon.  They were kinda folkie weren't they?  From England?  I know Paul McCartney used to date Jane Asher, Peter's sister.  I think they were a well-to-do family.

Jan and Dean were the two hosts of the show.  I guess they were the true originals of the "beach sound".

Also I just want to add, the Led Zepp film isn't on until tomorrow night (Sunday), but tongith is The Who and some early punk rock films.  A little bit different than what we saw last night.  I watched the movie on Elvis today On Demand - this movie was done in 1970 and it was also very well worthing watching.  Elvis was a little before my time, but he's very likeable and a very good musician.  He had a GREAT band backing him up.  And fabulous backup singers. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

The Beach Boys were local boys from the neighboring town of Hawthorne, CA & played one of our Jr. High School dances, just as they were starting to come to fame.  I think Dennis Wilson, the drummer, was the only one in the group who actually surfed.