Respected Contributor

Robert Kiyosaki Rich Dad Poor Dad

@ @

How many have read the Book?

What an education, things that were never taught in school, when you

realized it will makes you ponder what your life could have been, this is priceless knowledge and never too late to become a more positive, strong being in this uncertain world, you will be bless to invest the time to

hear and learn and share with your children and love ones. It is not so much about money but being rich in your soul because instead of working for money, money work for you, you will have power because you will have control over your life. master fear and greed aka desires, when one has control over their emotions.

Honored Contributor

Re: Robert Kiyosaki Rich Dad Poor Dad

A person needs to do independent research before adopting anyone's "plan"

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I read this book years ago. I do wish I was taught some of these principles growing up, especially how to manage money.  My spending life and focus would of been so much different.  

Honored Contributor

Read this ages ago, and all I remember is that I didn't like it. Maybe I just lost interest in what he had to say, since it seems that towards the end of the book I felt like bla bla bla. I really don't remember specifics, sorry about that.

Honored Contributor

Oh, an audio book!  Thanks, @javala.  I'll take a listen soon.  Lol, if it were summer, I'd listen right away because one of my favorite things is sitting on the deck, watching nature and listening.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal wrote:

Read this ages ago, and all I remember is that I didn't like it. Maybe I just lost interest in what he had to say, since it seems that towards the end of the book I felt like bla bla bla. I really don't remember specifics, sorry about that.

@qualitygal@Mmsfoxxie@aprilskies@Desertdi@Annabellethecat66

I am so sorry to hear you did not like it

May I share more...

Here I am in my 70's learning wisdom..

What is there not to like when someone takes the time to share what they took a life time to learn. he is 68 now don't really need the money from the book and it is free on the Internet.

If many of us understood what is being taught in this book we would not be the situation our lives and country today.

and informed citizenry's makes better decisions.

Right off the bat how can you have a free lunch when it is the tax's payers who pays the bills, including the one who thinks they are receiving a free lunch, but there is more too this book than that example, like how to acquire a better character, true Independence, an in a better position to help their fellowman.

I wasted so much of my earnings on nonsense's, in other words money and thing, ruled my emotions, by fear and desire, because of a fear, and a lack of knowledge, instead of me being the master of my ship!

Honored Contributor

This book has been a Best Seller for decades!  

It originally came out approximately 30 years ago and was on the NY Times Best Selling list for over a year, if I'm not mistaken.   It still sells very, very  well.

Respected Contributor

@javala wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

@qualitygal@Mmsfoxxie@aprilskies@Desertdi@Annabellethecat66

I am so sorry to hear you did not like it

May I share more...

Here I am in my 70's learning wisdom..

What is there not to like when someone takes the time to share what they took a life time to learn. he is 68 now don't really need the money from the book and it is free on the Internet.

If many of us understood what is being taught in this book we would not be the situation our lives and country today.

and informed citizenry's makes better decisions.

Right off the bat how can you have a free lunch when it is the tax's payers who pays the bills, including the one who thinks they are receiving a free lunch, but there is more too this book than that example, like how to acquire a better character, true Independence, an in a better position to help their fellowman.

I wasted so much of my earnings on nonsense's, in other words money and thing, ruled my emotions, by fear and desire, because of a fear, and a lack of knowledge, instead of me being the master of my ship!

@javala, if you read my previous post, I liked the book. I actually wish I had the guidance growing up on how to manage money.  I too wasted so much of my earnings on nonesense, not only on my own stuff but I let others take advantage of me as well.  I couldnt say no.  Like I said, my focus would of been different and more meaningful.

And the fact that he now offers the book for free, says so much about him.

Respected Contributor

@aprilskies

Oh how I understand because of our educational system it was geared and  only taught us what they needed from us, they omitted the part what we needed to know for our selves. 

I only heard a little over an hour of his talk, but what got me was many bankers too are ignorant of these principles. If we learn how to manage our money, we learn how to manage all aspects of our life. 

The school system is worst today because the progressive took over from the good old boys who are now aware, and have taking over, turning out school minds that will enable their existence.

It seems like the whole deck is stack against us, if we remain clueless.

aprilakies, better late than never to learn...

All politicians who know are aware of this knowledge and keep their voters in the dark are parasites!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

There were great lessons to learn working for very little money, or for nothing which ever worked to awaken the knowledge we process within* and get off of the the dangling carrot track that world steers us toward.

We are so focused on rat race of life, we fail to see our own God given talents and like they use to do it before we were seduce or distracted by so many creature comforts.

*One of the principles: Necessity is the mother of invention...  thinking out of he box, the how can I improve this situation etc.

Think and Grow Rich, The Richest man in Babylon all have these ingredients in them... which are also free audio on the Internet if you want to know more....

But Rich Dad Poor Dad is the book for our day because we are living in similar circumstances.