Honored Contributor

Robert Goulet on King of Queens

Last night I happened to watch an episode on King of Queens. Robert Goulet was the entertainment on the cruise they were taking. He looked so good and sang several songs. He even did jokes about "Kevin" not liking his songs.

I remembered that he died and wondered how long after this episode that he died. It was one year. Surprised me - he was looking well in the show and a year later he passed away.

Guess these thoughts occur to you when you are creeping to the same age as Robert Goulet was when he died.

Honored Contributor

Re: Robert Goulet on King of Queens

Saw him in person years ago.  Good show.  Was with his wife at the time, Carol Lawrence.  He had the most beautiful blue eyes!   Such a good-looking and talented guy.

Honored Contributor

I saw hm here in our local theater playing the lead in South Pacific in 1988,  he was 54 back then. He was perfect in that role.

Respected Contributor

I had a crush on him when I was a kid ... loved his voice (:

Honored Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

I had a crush on him when I was a kid ... loved his voice (:

Me too!  Not to mention that he was gorgeous...😍

Honored Contributor

Robert's Daughter played soap opera "Ryan's Hope" found this out on Google she passed away at 51 from breast cancer. Seems like yesterday "Ryan's Hope" was on so enjoyed entire show and cast.
Honored Contributor

A terrific entertainer.  I'm not sure if this is right, but I think he played Lancelot in the Broadway version of "Camelot", the one that had Julie Andrews as Guinevere and maybe Richard Burton as King Arthur?

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

A terrific entertainer.  I'm not sure if this is right, but I think he played Lancelot in the Broadway version of "Camelot", the one that had Julie Andrews as Guinevere and maybe Richard Burton as King Arthur?

@Oznell

I can't remember if that was the version or if those were the other actors, but, yes, I do remember he was in some version of Camelot.  

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Yes, he did play Lancelot on Broadway with Julie Andrews and Richard Burton. I think that role was what made the ladies take notice of him. AND he started to get alot more attention and roles. His voice was beautiful and he was too.

Respected Contributor

Robert was very good in that episode of KOQ, it was the perfect role for him. My mom had a big crush on Robert & Elvis, she had a thing for tall, dark & handsome.