Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@mousiegirl Incorrect. In my 73 years I've known a number of women of color (not only black) who DO have wrinkles. Some women are just blessed with very good skin or take very good care of it.

@Love my grandkids   I am correct, in MY experience, their lies the key.

Honored Contributor

Re: Rita Moreno

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

RM is white. She wore dark makeup on stage but she has white skin. She is not dark skinned. They made her wear dark makeup in the original WSS production and she resented it.

@SilleeMee   Rita Moreno is Latina, not Caucasian.

Rita Moreno documentary profiles Latina legend who fought ...

https://www.nbcnews.com › news › latino › rita-moren.
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Asian skin has the most collagen which lasts long into their senior years and that gives them their smooth appearance in old age. Blacks have thick skin but their collagen decreases in their older years which shows up as wrinkles. It's all about genetics.

@SilleeMee   One of my Asian friends doesn't have wrinkles, but she has deep marionette lines, and yes, of course it is all in genetics. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Rita Moreno

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl 

'Latina' is not a race but designates ethnicity. RM is a white hispanic.

I really don't like discussing race or ethnicity. There's just too much diversity and that can lead to some uncomfortable conversations. So I will leave it there.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

What a beauty Rita Moreno still is, although I must confess that I am always more impressed by natural beauties who somehow defy time with little or no assistance from modern cosmetology.  In other words, I actually thought she was lovelier before this recent (?) procedure.

For me, what is truly phenomenal about her is her vigor.  Wow!  She has the pep of a 68-year-old at the age of 90.  Her genetic gifts have me in awe.  By the way, her response to Marlon Brando's infidelity was right up my alley.  How I loved the way she savored the moment of sweet revenge.

Honored Contributor

What did she have to say today about the new WSS, to me that was sheer perfection and cannot be improved on. One of the best films in the last 60 years. 

Usually when I see her on a talk show she always talks about her very long, tumultuous relationship with Marlon Brando. '

A few years ago she was on The Talk with George Chakiris, now that was a combo worth seeing. 

Esteemed Contributor

The new version of WSS is supposed to be really great, according to early reviews. Sorry that Gaga's latest effort appears to be a real stinker.

Honored Contributor

When I saw West Side Story in the movies when it first came out, I was so impressed by the dancing.  The scene where Moreno dances and sings to America is still my favorite scene because of the superb dancing by all.  Watching Rita Moreno, perfect form, dancing with such feeling and movement energized me.  I also saw a documentary on her not too long ago, just a classy, fun loving, real person.  

Esteemed Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

Watching her on The View and she has a great face lift.  She is 90 and not a wrinkle.

I really like her, so not slamming her, she always looked beautiful.  

Yes, they they are saying how good she looks, but it doesn't look like her.  

I just saw her on a PBS Documentary a few months ago.  She looked great and no face lift then.  I think she was in late 80.

I think she is hilarious and talented.  What 90 year doesn,t have wrinkles?

I would do it also if I could afford it.  I liked her natural look better as Rita Moreno.   

Just like Jane Fonda looks great.  We would all look great if we could  do the same. 

I watched the View today, because of her and wanted to see what they had to say about Dr. Oz  who was their friend until get claimed he went to the dark side.

No one,s opinion except theirs is right.

@qvcaddition  That is why I don't watch the show.  I have not seen Rita Moreno lately, but I always liked her too.  And I agree with you that Jane Fonda looks fabulous.  I guess it is all a matter of finding the right person to perform the surgery.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

She looked exactly the same in the PBS documentary, which I streamed today, as she did on The View. 

In the documentary, there were scenes of her with and without makeup, not to mention the pulling back of her own hair under a wig, if a wig was going to be used for an appearance or a role.

She also has stated many times she never had plastic surgery.

I'm not sure why anyone thinks it's clever to have "noticed."

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.