Honored Contributor

While many of his fans from another show may like him because he was good in that part, that doesn't mean he's a good fit for a character that is a meticulous dresser. He has an accent that an LA raised rich kid in the fashion industry would not have. That alone makes him a poor fit for the part. He is unkempt looking which in another role might make him appealing - but not this one. Sure Ronn Moss was no great actor but no matter how great of an actor this new guy is he cannot make himself be a meticulous dresser who is a high end fashion designer - even if he got rid of the accent and cleaned up a bit. I'll admit I won't miss the scarves but they have turned Ridge into a character who looks like he lives under a bridge. No year in Paris can change someone that much!!! They might as well have cast a female in the role. That is how unfit he is for this part!!!

Frequent Contributor
On 3/16/2014 Pook said:

While many of his fans from another show may like him because he was good in that part, that doesn't mean he's a good fit for a character that is a meticulous dresser. He has an accent that an LA raised rich kid in the fashion industry would not have. That alone makes him a poor fit for the part. He is unkempt looking which in another role might make him appealing - but not this one. Sure Ronn Moss was no great actor but no matter how great of an actor this new guy is he cannot make himself be a meticulous dresser who is a high end fashion designer - even if he got rid of the accent and cleaned up a bit. I'll admit I won't miss the scarves but they have turned Ridge into a character who looks like he lives under a bridge. No year in Paris can change someone that much!!! They might as well have cast a female in the role. That is how unfit he is for this part!!!

The first time I have ever seen this guy is when he took over the job of playing Ridge on B&B and I think he is wonderful. I think he fits perfect and I love his look. I am very pleased with B&B choice. JMO

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/12/2014 lainey said:

I wanted to give him a chance but he's just not growing on me. He's so, so different from the first Ridge. Not only in appearance, the shorter, sloppier look and the accent, but just his whole overall personality. We never heard Ridge read poetry, take walks in the park or show any type of attention to Brooke's sisters. It's a totally new character.

I agree.

Regular Contributor

I like him better than rm, i just hope they don't have him go back to brook, i am afraid that might happen very soon, i read that he brook and bill will all be in the middle east, if this happens i am done. katie has been thru enough

Super Contributor
On 3/16/2014 karol59 said:

I like him better than rm, i just hope they don't have him go back to brook, i am afraid that might happen very soon, i read that he brook and bill will all be in the middle east, if this happens i am done. katie has been thru enough

i am so looking foward to the show filming Dubai!!!! i always love to see how people live there when HGTV's House Hunters film in that area. what i do NOT want to see is ridge going to chase after stupid brooke once again when he learns that she went with bill!!

Respected Contributor

I feel like I have given the new Ridge time and I am not feeling it. I find him boring and too laid back. I kind of miss the old Ridge. I think they should have replaced Ronn Moss with a totally different look. Just not working for me.

I don't see all of this great acting coming out of the new Ridge.

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/10/2014 Pook said:

I gave it a chance but I just cannot get used to the new Ridge. That was the worse recasting of any soap character ever!!! He may have been good in the roles he previously played but he is far too sloppy and unkempt for the meticulously dressed well spoken Ridge. He is also so much shorter. There is no chemistry whatsoever between him and Brooke and never will be. His speech is accented some way and is not what a California raised rich kid would have developed. Usually I don't really care when they recast but this one is just so wrong! I can't believe I am the only one that thinks this.

I agree! He looks dirty to me and he's not at all handsome, IMO. The storyline with Katie, is so stupid. I rarely watch it anymore!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

Isn't there anyone else here who thinks that Bradley Bell Jr. is just messing with us?

First, he does this ridiculous story line where Katie wants OUT of her marriage and repeatedly pushes Bill and Brooke together ..... and the viewers think this is a VERY bad thing. Brill will burn in HeL L for what they did. Horrors!

Now, Ridge and Katie "fight their feelings" for two whole weeks and realize they are "in love" and suddenly the viewers think this is okay. (Doesn't anyone else think Ridge and Katie are the biggest hypocrits on the planet?)

What I'm seeing is that Brooke is written as being in denial and then devastated ..... and then Bell will have Bill drying Brooke's tears .... and suddenly "Brill" will be totally okay with the fans.

What a STUPID story line .... IMO.

Super Contributor

Ronn Moss' Decision To Quit Show Has Backfired And Left Him Jobless

I can never understand when soap actors decide to threaten their networks by quitting the show – don’t they realize that for the most part they’re a dime a dozen and WILL be replaced without hesitation? Ronn Moss quit the The Bold and the Beautiful a while ago in an effort to increase his salary, but the plan has backfired on him after CBS hired another actor to replace him, and he’s left jobless and desperate for another gig.

Moss has played Ridge Forrester on the soap for almost 25 years, but it was a combination of demanding a higher salary and looking to capitalize on other career opportunities that led to him quitting. But alas, the network took no time in replacing him with Thorsten Kaye, who’s become a huge hit with fans.

A source explains, “Ronn held his ground over money and he figured if he was gone, fans would be clamoring for his return so producers would beg him to come back at the salary he wanted. He was really upset when they cast Thorsten in the role of Ridge. Now, Thorsten is a hit and Ronn seems left out in the cold.”

Although a few fans are still clinging to the idea of Ronn returning to his iconic role, I wouldn’t count on it happening. Most fans and co-stars of Thorsten are already raving about him, and it seems like Ronn’s already been forgotten – both on the show and in the industry. Apparently, he’s having trouble finding another job, why is another reason actors shouldn’t quit their bread-and-butter [especially after 25 years] without having something else lined up.

http://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2014/bold-and-the-beautiful-bb-ridge-forrester-ronn-moss-thorsten-k...

Honored Contributor

Interesting article. I thought that he just wanted to move on to more music and that he was tired of the role of Ridge.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)