Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I, too,  think she looks pretty darn good in a buzz cut.  She should have done it years ago.

I think she looks greatSmiley HappyI remember years ago working with a lady who had issues with her hair, she was wearing wigs etc...One day she came to work with a similar cut to Ricki's  she looked fantastic.  Everyone all day long told her how great she looked.  I know it took a lot of courage for her to make the choice to cut it and I am sure she was nervous but she made the decision and she looked so happy all day.  She told all of us she should have done it years agoSmiley Happy  Bravo to RickiSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I can totally understand how she feels. I've had hair loss for almost my whole life and went bald a couple of times. You don't know how it is unless you have gone through it. I'm still going through it and it's an emotional roller coaster. 

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819.  Because traditionally, a woman's hair has been considered to be her crowning glory.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I can't manage to feel sorry for Ricki Lake.

Honored Contributor

@froggy wrote:

@froggy 

That's really sad that you feel no compassion for others.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Good for her for shaving her head & taking back her power. She looks beautiful.But I honestly don't think I could do that.I'm not that strong.Everyone has to live within their comfort level. There is no right or wrong here.

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@froggy wrote:

@froggy 

That's really sad that you feel no compassion for others.

I have compassion for the millions who are so much more worse off. Celebrity sob stories don't move me.

Esteemed Contributor

I like her well enough but think she has come forward about her “struggle” because where has she been since when?  When has she been heard from or about before this “news”?

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Ricki made an Instagram post which includes, "I know that by sharing my truth, I will be striking a chord with so many women and men. I am not alone in this and my goal is to help others while at the same time unshackle myself from this quiet hell I have been living in. Line 5 & 6 of the second paragraph.

She also said in a video since, that she's received overwhelming support from women and men dealing with this who are not celebrities.

Opening up: 'There have been a few times where I have even felt suicidal over it,' admitted the Serial Mom actress in the post

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda 

That's the point, she has no projects in the works to be looking for free sympathy advertising or attention for a new project.

This is not her only depression issue, her ex-husband committed suicide in 2017 and she has 2 children.

I think her heart is in the right place, but if others don't, then that's their opinion, which they're entitled to.