Valued Contributor

Re: Richard Hatch of Battlestar Galatica has died

@makeup addict wrote:

He and Dirk Benedict were my first tv crushes.  He was 71. Pancreatic cancer. 🥀

Makeup Addict, wow that is some very sad news. Smiley Sad He was relatively young, too,  I didn't know he was ill.  I will tell you I interviewed him on the set of "Battlestar Galactica" when I was a TV-film critic for the Associated Press. It was the most expensive TV show ever made at the time.   They were filming on a set with fake snow which had a nauseating chemical smell.  And he was stunningly handsome in person (plus he knew it!!!).  He kept telling me how much his fans loved him that I finally put it in the story.  I never met another actor who spoke that way about himself.  Massive ego.  Still, he had a beautiful smile and starry eyes and I thought he was a pretty good actor.  During that interview, he introduced me to Dirk Benedict who was very laid back.  I followed him from "All My Children" to the second incarnation of 'Battlestar.'  Thanks for posting.  This brings a tear to my eyes, I have to admit.  ~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; Post Count: 11,644.

Respected Contributor

Aww, hate that he was like that back then. Hopefully he changed years later. There were some comments on one site that said he was kind at the conventions. 

My my only complaint was his fiction books. He would kill a character in one book and in the next book in the series, he would kill the same character again. Lol 

Dirk Benedict sounds like he had Starbucks swagger.  And yes. When Starbucks coffee shops opened in my area, I couldn't figure why they were named for a sci fi character !

Respected Contributor

@LuckyPeach wrote:

@makeup addict wrote:

He and Dirk Benedict were my first tv crushes.  He was 71. Pancreatic cancer. 🥀

Makeup Addict, wow that is some very sad news. Smiley Sad He was relatively young, too,  I didn't know he was ill.  I will tell you I interviewed him on the set of "Battlestar Galactica" when I was a TV-film critic for the Associated Press. It was the most expensive TV show ever made at the time.   They were filming on a set with fake snow which had a nauseating chemical smell.  And he was stunningly handsome in person (plus he knew it!!!).  He kept telling me how much his fans loved him that I finally put it in the story.  I never met another actor who spoke that way about himself.  Massive ego.  Still, he had a beautiful smile and starry eyes and I thought he was a pretty good actor.  During that interview, he introduced me to Dirk Benedict who was very laid back.  I followed him from "All My Children" to the second incarnation of 'Battlestar.'  Thanks for posting.  This brings a tear to my eyes, I have to admit.  ~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; Post Count: 11,644.

@LuckyPeach His attitude may explain the triad uniforms! Lol  google it. It was basically a speedo with a criss cross shoulder pad thingy!! 

Honored Contributor

Richard Hatch,

Image result for rest in peace images

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry to hear.  He was quite and attractive male when on television. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

I was so sad when I read about this!  I loved Galactica and Capt. Apollo (okay- I loved Starbuck too!)

So sad that it seems all of my childhood idols are passing away.  Hope he's up there with Princess Leia protecting the universe!