Honored Contributor

Re: Rhonda Fleming, Robert Ryan in "Inferno", TCM

He was totally impressive, @drizzellla, you're right.  The way he methodically tackled each obstacle, and then the internal dialogue that they had him doing throughout the ordeal.  I imagine it's not that easy for an actor to be doing all those feats alone, staying in character, and convincingly talking to himself throughout, without other actors in the scene to bounce off of.  He totally dominated the screen when he was on it-- even my easily distracted teenage son was riveted...

Honored Contributor

But I must admit - I wished they left Rhonda Fleming on the road and told the Sheriff to pick her up. Not that I wanted the same thing to happen to her as William Lundigan but I thought she should have at least gotten a blister from walking.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla, ha!  Agreed.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

He was totally impressive, @drizzellla, you're right.  The way he methodically tackled each obstacle, and then the internal dialogue that they had him doing throughout the ordeal.  I imagine it's not that easy for an actor to be doing all those feats alone, staying in character, and convincingly talking to himself throughout, without other actors in the scene to bounce off of.  He totally dominated the screen when he was on it-- even my easily distracted teenage son was riveted...

@Oznell 

I thought this was the best movie Ryan has done. He's not my favorite, and certainly not ..can I say my type..but an electrifying movie. 

I give him 5 stars.   He convinced me he was going to TRIUMPH anything when they left.

Meant to send this last evening  (SNOWING & SLEETING) waiting for plow trucks

``...now TWC is showing some great movies again. `

Well, what I like.

Yes, he caught my attention. Rare, but yes. 

Honored Contributor

Glad you liked the film, @NAES1.  Hey, we need to be kept amused when it's snowing and blowing outside!  Stay warm, pal.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell,

I have been immersed with my art work, now...almost finished with the mural (lower level) started back in May of '17.  Keeps me very involved with something I so love. I usually become lost in my creations. Doing small water colors on CARD STOCK, lately. Color blending & free lancing.

BUT! With Sashay, she becomes very antsy; we selected five different battery operated toys..that helps. One has not arrived. The wind up mouse under a 12 X 12 circle (circumference) that runs under a textured type of thin canvas.

SHE LOVES TO BE OUTSIDE AMONG THE GARDEN AND MANY TREES AND JUMP IN THE GROUND IVY. BUT A 80% INDOOR, NOW.

She loved these whirling butterflies, also -battery operated. Remember, she is 8 years- 7 months old. (Adopted ) when neighbor adopted a large dog, she just came over and never left. And she can become very energized with stimulation. I never want her to be bored in this weather. A 1 cat family!!

She has a SASHAY place through the entire house, but loves a simple box. 

No, I wouldn't say I'm a car aficionado..100%, but ALMOST; my husband is. Strange the different loves we each have, he being a professional music major from 2 music conservatories. He came from a three generation car dealership family / families.

I loved to drive and learn everything about older cars, especially the classics. That was many years before I ever met my husband.

That certain fascination for cars began around age 14. I took my driving test with a 5 on the floor and parallel parked on the first try, at 16.

I was driving on back roads with dad or my uncle when I was 13. Never lost my love desire to ONE DAY drive on The German Autobahn.

When in Germany, I knew the thrill of driving faster than ever... I would have thought.. HAVE to have their German (Audi or Porsche) car. 

We have / had both, now.

With a Porsche, I drove over 145 mph. That was like floating compared to doing anything-ever- here..NEVER! 

We have no roads, highways, if there were the same racetracks, I would want to go to one, which I never did. 

The Autobahn was built for  ( I believe) a racetrack for speed records.

You had to know someone to>>>someone there if allowed to

*__ tinker drive that slow, like trying out__ your courage.

OUR highways and roads are the worse ' horrible.     I wouldn't dare.

A real AUTOBAHN car speed would be around 240-250mph, "that was what I learned was the fastest".  No, I didn't go 200, but would now. Bucket list -yes.

Art, modeling, dancing and medical teaching are my fascinations, but being a Stay At Home Mom WAS the HIGHLIGHT of my life.

```And, I love world traveling. Believe I had a fulfilling life for that little girl that just rode her bike, played jump rope and sidewalk skated.

okay movie pal, see you at the oldies movies, soon. It's just about the only time I watch 'any' TV.

NAES        

Honored Contributor

So cool, NAES-- I enjoy the way you give the flavor of your existence in a series of vivid, impressionistic verbal sketches.  No surprise you are the artistic type. 

"Sashay" is such a cute cat name!  Ours are Sibyl, Toby, Terence and Naomi. 

The autobahn is a nightmare-  glad I was in a big heavy bus when on it!

Have fun with all your varied artistic projects!

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you 

found you......

'extrodinaritly astute of your insight'

You have to had lived, at some time, in Europe ..."I sense that without any doubts".

@Oznell

~~Woman Wink BINGO,  NAES

Honored Contributor

Never lived there, @NAES1, but loved and savored every second of being there....