Trusted Contributor

Revoluntionary Road The Film

I watched this and it was so very sad.............I do not like sad movies only good endings but he did have his children but still, I don't think this movie will get out of my head for a long time.

Honored Contributor

Re: Revoluntionary Road The Film

@DowntonAbbey,   Refresh my memory.  Who starred in this movie?  I know I saw it.  I am thinking Leonardo was in it but can't remember who else. 

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@DowntonAbbey,   Refresh my memory.  Who starred in this movie?  I know I saw it.  I am thinking Leonardo was in it but can't remember who else. 

And Kate Winslet maybe?

Honored Contributor

Yes, both DiCaprio and Winslet are in it. They play a disenchanted married couple in the 50s I think. It ends in a very sad, disturbing way. 

I felt awful for days days after watching this movie. 

Trusted Contributor

I read the book also. The movie follows pretty closely to the book. I think the movie was well done but sad of course. I also had thought Leo was a good actor, but there was a scene in this movie where he blew me away. It wasn't one of the big scene chewing moments, but it was a scene where he was in his office. I can't remember exactly what happened now, but his reaction, his face in this scene-he WAS this guy. He really impressed me in this, more than I ever had been.

Honored Contributor

I thought it was a very good movie though it was dark. It was very different (which I liked) and Kate Winslet, Leonardo Dicaprio and Kathy Bates did a fantastic job playing their roles. It's very raw and leaves you thinking. It's definitely not for everyone but I thought it was well done.