Respected Contributor

It's really confusing me tonight.

When did Jack become a cop?? Is he still running the bar?

Does Daniel know that Victoria is in an asylum?

Valued Contributor

Re: Revenge-- Possible spoilers

Hi scottie! I asked DH the same thing; the cop thing is something new to me and what happened to running the bar.

As for Daniel, it appears he and Charlotte must think their mother is on a vacation somewhere on an island of some sort. Daniel really must be starting to hurt for $.

I admit, most of the time, I tend to get 'lost' during the show.

Respected Contributor

This episode was about 6 months after the show ended last season. Jack being a police officer wasn't explained right away, but somewhere in the middle of the episode he told someone (can't remember who) that the bar was doing really well but it would never pay for college for Carl, so he went to the Police Academy. Another rewrite to freshen up the show, apparently.

Daniel ranted to Charlotte that Victoria kept sending them post cards from exotic places so he figured she abandoned them. Postcards probably sent by Emily.

Nolan was wonderful as usual. I really hated Emily's hair, all pushed to one side. Poor, poor Charlotte. Once again she's just a pawn.

Super Contributor

Jack's storyline didn't make sense. He needs to earn money for his son's college education, so he becomes a cop? That's not exactly a high-paying profession and it's a dangerous line of work. Did Jack even consider that he could be shot and killed, leaving the child without money for college and without a father, too?

How long is police training, certification and the probationary period in the Hamptons? Almost everywhere else in the real world, it's six months of training followed by several months as a probationary officer. Perhaps Jack took a very accelerated course that included a unit on the situational ethics of not arresting family/friends even when they're caught with drugs.

I love Nolan, but hated his hair and clown clothes. Did he stick his finger in an electrical outlet? Perhaps he caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror wearing that awful patterned suit and it scared him sufficiently to make his hair stand up on end.

Esteemed Contributor

Who are the new couple--the one with the boat ?

Respected Contributor

Thanks for all the comments ladies. Truth be told I'm ready for this show to tie it all up and be done. It doesn't make any sense half the time. DD watches it and so I watch with her but I'm not really enjoying it much at all.

halfpint: I guess the new couple with the boat was just a short side story to show that Emily is addicted to revenge plots.

This guy who we are led to think is David Clark might spice it up a bit but I will gag if he rekindles his relationship with Victoria.

Respected Contributor

On 9/29/2014 scotttie said:

Thanks for all the comments ladies. Truth be told I'm ready for this show to tie it all up and be done. It doesn't make any sense half the time. DD watches it and so I watch with her but I'm not really enjoying it much at all.

halfpint: I guess the new couple with the boat was just a short side story to show that Emily is addicted to revenge plots.

This guy who we are led to think is David Clark might spice it up a bit but I will gag if he rekindles his relationship with Victoria.

I know. I will gag, too if David is Victoria's new (old) soul mate. She will probably give him the sob story that she had no choice (Conrad is such a meany!). Speaking of Conrad, if David Clarke can still be alive, I hope it turns out that Conrad is, too. I miss him.

Honored Contributor

On 9/28/2014 HisElk said:

Hi scottie! I asked DH the same thing; the cop thing is something new to me and what happened to running the bar.

As for Daniel, it appears he and Charlotte must think their mother is on a vacation somewhere on an island of some sort. Daniel really must be starting to hurt for $.

I admit, most of the time, I tend to get 'lost' during the show.

Hi HisElk. It's apparently going the way of "Lost" in that it's been on too long, the main "revenges" have been accomplished, and they now don't know where to go with it. Maybe they'll take a tip from its new lead-in show and "resurrect" everybody!

I always enjoyed it and will probably see it through (disappointedly) to the end, which I hope will be this season.

I like all of the actors and hope they will all find new jobs.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I think it's funny how many Brits are actually on this show. Anyway, just last week the young woman who plays the lead was on Entertainment Weekly on XM Radio. She was delightful to listen to (very down to earth and not stuck up like some actors).

She said they were going to move ahead 6 months and she mentioned that her Dad was alive.

She said "Victoria is in the crazy house. Conrad is dead. Daniel is in self-destruct mode. She said if they wanted to keep the show going (she laughed and said 'it is called "REVENGE") then they have to change it around a bit or......she won't have anyone to conflict with".

That made sense! She even commented that she thought some people would probably be a little confused in the beginning but the writers felt that they'd be able to catch up pretty quickly.

I posted on another Revenge here more (or similar) of her comments I heard that day. I'm not as good as Java or keri at posting what I know or hear, but I did try.

I love EW weekly on XM because they always have people on there from the TV and movies and you get insight into the shows (my favorite part of the shows). I almost need that to figure out what is happening and to know ahead of time where it is going.

At least this show doesn't try to make these antics seem probable (unlike The Good Wife) who on one hand tries to spout out all of this legal jargon and then the next step have Cary cutting off his finger to show his good faith! I like the way the ladies were like, "Oh! You lost your finger! Wow! That stinks". Ha!

Respected Contributor

On 9/29/2014 halfpint said:

Who are the new couple--the one with the boat ?

Nancy, the girl that Emily ran her car into lost her fiancé. The couple with the boat are christening their new boat - their last boat was totaled after it was involved in an boating accident that killed Nancy's fiancé.

Emily wanted to get revenge, not for her, but for Nancy. When they revealed the new boat, the wife saw that instead of it being named after her, it was named after her husband's mistress, Valerie. She told her husband she was leaving him.

Emily thought Nancy would be happy with the revenge on the couple but she told Emily that not matter what, you can't bring back the people we love.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum