Respected Contributor

Re: Returning 2016 Dates for TV Shows

@lainey1 Thanks for taking the time to post this.

I'm so mad about The Player.  I loved that show and it was getting better and better.  NBC never gave it a chance.  The last episode was incredible!

Honored Contributor

I like The Player too.  It was somewhat different.  I wonder who watches some of these shows that just keep getting renewed?

Certainly not me.  

Respected Contributor

I'd really like to know when Person of Interest is coming back. I don't think they've announced it yet.  I guess it's the last season (boo hoo). 

Trusted Contributor

I do not watch one of the shows listed. 

Honored Contributor

I just counted, from this list, and I watch eleven of them.    But I notice that the list has quite a large number of extremely popular programs - just ones I've never watched.

I love TV!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt  I love TV too.  When I was younger I felt like I need to apologize for liking TV.

Now the only time I apologize for things is if I've hurt someone's feelings.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I just counted, from this list, and I watch eleven of them.    But I notice that the list has quite a large number of extremely popular programs - just ones I've never watched.

I love TV!  Smiley Happy

Me, too.  I've loved it ever since the days of Winky Dink which was around the time our family got its first tv.  

Many of wore braids back then, too.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Only watch two on the list. Never even heard of most of them. So glad I have my books.

Honored Contributor

WOW!  I put off checking which I watched because I thought it would be everyone of them.  However, I only watch 8 all of the time.  Now that's not to say I don't watch older ones of some of these shows and a few here and there.

I do watch a lot of TV and I don't apologize to anyone for it, just like I don't apologize for buying the rag magazines.  I'm at the point in my life where I don't care if people think I'm a slug!  Ha!

Anyway, it was so nice of you to take the time to post all of these shows.

I love looking at old Law and Order and SUV, etc.  They aren't politically correct and that said there is nothing on them that is wrong, it's just obvious.  It does make me sad though because I realize all of the changes that have taken place (not all good or bad).

The thing I find most interesting is the way some of these stars I think they are new and just popped up and became famous and I see them as young (sometimes kids) on these old shows and I realize some of them really did pay their 'dues'.

You also realize how the dialogue was way better (my opinion).  Now the dialogue is taken up by fights and/or sex or just verbal abuse.

I still prefer many of the cable shows because it seems they are able to 'take more chances' and I'm not talking about sex, I'm talking about content.  I do think the regular shows are trying to keep up with them and I don't necessarily think it is a good idea because it takes away alternative from people who (for whatever reason) don't want to subscribe to cable.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt  You are a girl after my own heart!  If I watch a re-run it's usually part of one or an old Law and Order, etc.

I agree, there are so many shows available.  I also get all cable channels. 

My son-in-law connected the Apple TV thing, but I don't watch it because I'm so busy with other shows.  I have a middle size TV in my bedroom with one of those walls things that swing out (I love, love it).  I love to lay in bed and watch TV.  Most of the time I sit in the TV room (I call it that) it's a big TV not too far from the kitchen (Ha)!

The cats like it in here because I turn up that radiant heater and they are in heaven!  Of course sometimes I feel like I'm going to pass out  Smiley Happy

My my husband was alive we didn't have cable and I let him control the TV because I was happy sitting next to him (he traveled so we were happy together).  

I had someone again today ask me if I'd like to get married!  What???  No way!  Give up my TV viewing?  No way!

I travel enough for me.  I guess I live through my 35 year old unmarried daughter.  She's amazing and will do anything.  I finance it and love doing it.  That way I can watch my shows.  

You sound like maybe a bit like me.  I don't rule out many shows.  I'll watch a little of most things.  I don't watch anything that an animal gets hurt (no way).

Some of the new shows are way complicated and I'll try them, but I don't guarantee I'll stay with them.