Honored Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

Two episodes I recall when they went to the beach in Fla. and NYC. for the first time.Mary's husband seemed so patient with her and her trying out the English world. The Amish Mafia was on for awhile and  that one was bizarre. 

@Gorgf  I thought the Amish Mafia was funny. I remember seeing some of the cast on the Dr. Phil show. Levi, Marlin and Levi's girlfriend were on there. I can't recall who else. It's been years. Levi wrote a book about it all though I seriously doubt he wrote it.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

I found this pic online. I wonder who this guy is lol.

amish.PNG

@colliemom4   He looks like Paula Deen's husband, lol.  I don't know who the young guy is either.  Is he the one who used to go with the druggie girl, can't remember her name.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

I found this pic online. I wonder who this guy is lol.

amish.PNG

@colliemom4   He looks like Paula Deen's husband, lol.  I don't know who the young guy is either.  Is he the one who used to go with the druggie girl, can't remember her name.

@mousiegirl  He does LOL! Sabrina is the druggie. I read she had another kid. You know that canned meat, my father in law makes or gets something like that and he lives not far from the Amish. It's not fatty, but it looks like a science experiment gone bad. I will not eat it though my husband thinks it's great.

Esteemed Contributor

I have to admit, this show was my guilty pleasure.

The young woman who became a model, then fashion designer, is Kate Stoltz.

Sabrina is a train wreck, who constantly whines about things being unfair, yet refuses to accept responsibility for her part in how her life is.

I hope that she has grown up, got help, and matured, but who knows.

I just hope that Carmela still doesn't believe that every time something goes wrong, that it's because of "the curse".

What can I say about Mama Mary?

I found her to be a hoot!

Abe and Rebecca were my favorites.

She was working to get her G.E.D., and I hope that she was able to accomplish that.

She also wanted to become a dentist.

I hope that she is working towards that goal.

Jeremiah, I can take in small doses, but he is usually right in his observations. He's just very blunt and doesn't sugar-coat things.

I look forward to seeing what the gang is up to!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Re: Return To Amish

[ Edited ]

There was a marathon of this on last night and I watched it. I saw a few episodes or so that I hadn't seen. Shelly was discussing her wedding to whatever his name is, and at the last minute her fiance got cold feet and left her and several other friends in the middle of the woods as he zoomed off in his pickup. He acted like he was running for his life.

He did eventually come back and they decided to proceed with the wedding. Then about five minutes before the wedding began the preacher's son called and said he didn't feel comfortable marrying them. Like who does that? Luckily their friend was ordained and married them. Meanwhile, Ada cooked up enough food for an army to serve to the wedding guests. The entire thing is quite silly but I got some laughs out of it.

The new episodes will come on tomorrow night. We'll see if it's watchable lol.

Honored Contributor

I found it UNWATCHABLE... terrible.... 

Trusted Contributor

I watched this show faithfully years ago. I liked Mary! I watched a bit of it on the 22nd, but, I didn't know most of the people, so, probably won't watch this season.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.