Honored Contributor

Retro TV Shows - What Are You Watching Today on MeTV, Cozi, Antenna, etc.?

We started discussing this on the GH thread today, but I thought I'd branch out and see what everyone else is watching.

There are so many channels now offering fun old shows that I either never watched or loved the first time around.

Quantum Leap was one I never got into the first time around, but my sister loved it.

I just finished the entired series of Miami Vice and have started watching the original Hawaii Five-0.

JAG is on INSP a lot, so I catch that one without recording it.  So is Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman and the Waltons.

Quincy is another one I liked to watch.

I hope one of these channels unearths Scarecrow and Mrs. King.  I loved that show.

What are you watching?

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Retro TV Shows - What Are You Watching Today on MeTV, Cozi, Antenna, etc.?

I enjoy a lot of the older shows as well.  Right now I'm on a "Mod Squad" kick.  The show is corny as he l l, but I get a kick out of it nevertheless.  I catch an episode of Magnum, PI once in a while and occasionally enjoy MacMillan (sic) and Wife.  I used to love Quincy back in the day.  I'll have to keep my eye out for it!

Esteemed Contributor

The shows I like go way back (1950's and 60's).  I watch a little of everything.  I like Hazel, The Donna Reed Show, The Saint, Mr. Lucky, Make Room for Daddy, Gidget, The Lone Ranger, Zorro, Bachelor Father, Dobie Gillis, Jack Benny, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

I will turn once in a while and catch any episodes i can of "Father Knows Best"....just remember those shows and enjoying them again.....

Esteemed Contributor

I like to watch Hawaii Five 0, Columbo, Love Boat, Route 66  and Quincy on METV.  On Cozi, I watch Hart to Hart, Run For Your Life, The Name of the Game and Make Room for Daddy.

I'm glad these channels are airing shows from the 50's and 60's.

Honored Contributor

love all of the new retro channels that are popping up.......the ones mentioned AND GET TV, Retro TV, INSP......maybe there are even more? i am also watching THE SEVENTIES on CNN and they had an entire episode devoted to tv from the 1970s.

i have been consistently watching:

The Waltons

Little House on the Prairie

All in the Family

Good Times

One Day at a Time

The Patty Duke Show

Carol Burnett and Friends

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched Marcus Welby last year.  I forgot how many taboo subjects they covered on that show.

Another show I like is The Bold Ones.  There don't seem to be many episodes as they seem to be the same ones over and over.  McMillan & Wife is the same way.  There seem to be very few episodes.  It seemed like there were more, but I guess because it was part of the Columbo/McCloud movie thing, there weren't that many episodes.

Another one I would like to see is Medical Center.  Chad Everett was quite the hottie in his day.

For the comedies, I like Family Affair.  I think we need The Courtship of Eddie's Father added to the mix.  I'm kind of tired of The Brady Bunch/Partridge Family/I Dream of Jeannie and Bewitched.

When I was little, the opening of Hazel used to scare me.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

There is an odd independant station that has popped up in my area and they are periodically showing. . .

Petticoat Junction!!          B & W episodes which I guess  were not common in rerun land.

A couple years ago TV Guide network reran The Guardian with Simon Baker. One of my altime favorite shows. I wish they'd bring it back; it could pickup where it left off pretty easily.

I watch  some of the old westerns on INSP. The Big Valley had some very well-written and plotted episodes.

Honored Contributor

oh......almost forgot the POP channel.......the original 90210, melrose place, and dynasty. i wish some channel would pick up the original dallas, falcon crest, and knots landing!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have watched a fair number of Pettitcoat Junction recently, I must be on the color episodes only I think.  It's back to back with Green Acres I think.

I catch The Big Valley sometimes and Gunsmoke on the weekends.  At one point, Here Come the Brides was on, I'm not sure if it's still running.  I remember my sister loved that show when we were little.  She was 5 years older than me, so she was into Bobby Sherman when I was into David Cassidy.

I never watched the original Dallas until I was at a conference for a week and the hotel had Soap Channel and I got hooked on the original Dallas every night.  I, too, would love to see those again.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN