Honored Contributor

Reruns of My Strange Addictions(2012) on DLIF channel

Watching this show AGAIN... one lady drinks nail polish by the bottle....another lady eats tape by the roll....I do not see how they are still alive? 

On another show one lady eats mattress foam....another eats baby powder by the bottle.....

I wonder if any of these weirdos have passed away since 2012 when the show was made? 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Reruns of My Strange Addictions(2012) on DLIF channel

I don't understand it either @SeaMaiden 

How are these people not sick?  I've watched this show a few times.  After a while it just gets like, ok. so you are eating your car and you can't stop.  Time to find something else to watch.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@justashopper wrote:

I don't understand it either @SeaMaiden 

How are these people not sick?  I've watched this show a few times.  After a while it just gets like, ok. so you are eating your car and you can't stop.  Time to find something else to watch.  LOL

@justashopper  Yes, I am pretty desperate for programming when I watch this show😄😄😄

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

Been there!!  Finding something to watch is hard these days.  Although we have more options, channels, and streaming service than ever!!  The great irony of 21st century.  LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Now a lady is on who drinks all her "pee" all day long🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

and a lady who eats shredded rubber tires??? OMG!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  I don't know if the woman in this series was doing this for health reasons, but Urotherapy is an ancient "healing" practice.  It was mentioned in Ayurvedic texts and has been practiced by many cultures. If you saw the series Vikings you saw an example of its use.  It is still being practiced today...sometimes with harmful side effects and rarely beneficial according to research.  

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@SeaMaiden  I don't know if the woman in this series was doing this for health reasons, but Urotherapy is an ancient "healing" practice.  It was mentioned in Ayurvedic texts and has been practiced by many cultures. If you saw the series Vikings you saw an example of its use.  It is still being practiced today...sometimes with harmful side effects and rarely beneficial according to research.  

@phoenixbrd     yes... I use to have customers come into the health food store I worked at who did this... those who do it are die hard fans... but more people find it disgusting. 

Respected Contributor

I watched a few days ago a lady who ate those scented dryer sheets and it was a lot of it she ate each day.  Am surprised she's not very sick from it considering all the harmful chemicals in dryer sheets. 

Honored Contributor

My daughter and I used to watch this. I recall some outrageous things. One was a woman addicted to smelling gasoline. So much so that she carried a small container everywhere she went.