Respected Contributor

Sweet story on CBS This Morning of a man who repossessed an old couples old Buick.  The husband had just been diagnosed with Alzheimers - the wife said she was just going to let God take care of them.  The repo man felt bad because he could see his grandparents in them.  He only got a block away with the car, called the bank and asked how much to pay up the payments they were behind.  He paid that payment, took the car and got an oil change and got it cleaned up and returned it to the couple.  In the meantime he started a go fund me and made enough money to pay off the car and gave the couple the remaining money - over $17,000 to date.  There really are good people out there.  We only hear about the bad anymore.  The wife said that one bad incident has changed their lives for the better. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Repo Man - CBS This Morning

I just watched that segment, too, it actually made me cry.  What a kind, sweet man, bless him for his kindness!

Respected Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

I just watched that segment, too, it actually made me cry.  What a kind, sweet man, bless him for his kindness!

@CamilleP - how about the story on the man and his 40 year old horse?  Talk about crying!

Frequent Contributor

I make a point in watching the CBS nightly news on Fridays just to watch Steve Hartman. With all the horrible things in the news now days, I wish they would give him his own show. Because 1, 5minute segment, isn't enough. Tho, I'm not sure I could actually handle it, seeing how I cry every time I watch.

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal Thanks for posting that.  I usually tape that show every Sunday, but since I changed cable stations I haven't set up the DVR capabilities yet.

Anyway, I agree with those of you who said we are only told about terrible people and all of the terrible things that go on in the world.

I'd love to see a TV show where they only talk about good things and the good things people say and do.  Can you imagine how uplifting that would be?

Maybe even if a news show started off telling one or two good things (anything) before they start dumping all of the bad news on us.  It would just be nice once in a while to know something nice people do......just saying.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@hoosieroriginal Thanks for posting that.  I usually tape that show every Sunday, but since I changed cable stations I haven't set up the DVR capabilities yet.

Anyway, I agree with those of you who said we are only told about terrible people and all of the terrible things that go on in the world.

I'd love to see a TV show where they only talk about good things and the good things people say and do.  Can you imagine how uplifting that would be?

Maybe even if a news show started off telling one or two good things (anything) before they start dumping all of the bad news on us.  It would just be nice once in a while to know something nice people do......just saying.

@Annabellethecat66 - I totally agree with you - I only watch my 4:00 pm news because it always has some funny and interesting stories - not all the glumness that is going on today.  I get overwhelmed with all the negativity.

Honored Contributor

People helping people - THIS is what it's all about.  DH and I loved this story too - cried as well, like many of you.

Regular Contributor

This was the Repo Man from Red Bud, IL...I was born and raised in that town and it's a wonderful small town.  It has grown over the years but everyone still knows everyone and this is a great example of the goodness in people. 

As a side note-this town is also the home town of the couple who was the single winner of a huge lottery a few years ago....my dad and the couple are friends, they hang out, play poker, etc.  Nice people.