Respected Contributor

Re: Reminder Married at first sight tonight

@tends2dogs wrote:

If what Luke said to Kate about being repulsed when they kissed was real and not scripted, I can't imagine staying.  If a guy said that to me, I would be out of there so fast.  It wouldn't matter if I had a contract with the show or not.  There is something "not right" about Luke.  I doubt if that is scripted.  Maybe he doesn't really like girls.

As far as AJ, someone said he acts feminine.  I would have to agree, along with highly immature.  Oh, and we are going to see that he has a temper. 

The other two couples seem to be compatible so far, but they haven't begun "real life".

There's a reason why these people hadn't managed to find a spouse on their own. At first they all seem fairly normal but then after a few episodes you start to see their issues and realize that most people probably wouldn't put up with that.

Occasional Contributor

Luke has issues, but so does Kate.  She smokes and she didn't bother to tell the matchmakers about that because its only once in awhile?  What? 

Hey Kate if you smoke then you are a smoker! 

I feel part of Luke's nonattraction for her may be that she lit up already (even though she "hardly ever smokes) and he was wondering what happened to his request to be matched wtih a nonsmoker.

This same thing happend another season with the guy matched with the airline attendant who told the matchmakers that he "hardly ever smoked" - flash forward to the honeymoon where he is smoking marijuana every day several times a day. 

They need to drug test these people or find some way of figuring out who is truthful and who is not.

Esteemed Contributor

I did not know about the smoking thing with Kate.  This could be what repulsed Luke kissed her.  I know that it would me.  YUCK!  Kate has such a laid back manner of speaking and demeanor that maybe she is smoking more than cigarettes LOL.  Also, did you notice that Luke (and I might add, Jasmine) is wearing his wedding ring on his middle finger.  Is this some new, hip thing ???

I am thinking that Will is not attracted to Jasmine.  Anyone else think this? 

AJ has something about him that is going to be a problem. ...temper, immaturity, selfish, spoiled??? Michelle (?) really seems to have his number and knows how to handle him so far.  Time will tell....

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

Poor Kate is a beard.

Not fair.  Luke sucks for going through with this marriage. 

Honored Contributor

I also mentioned from day one with Aaron that I was surprised he was marrying a woman.  I get a very feminine vibe from him.  And then his temper seemed a little out there.  It doesn't take much to set him off. The whole thing last week with the "homework" was nuts. 

Yeah there is something creepy about Luke IMO but there is something about Katie I'm not liking either and I can't put my finger on it. 

So now not only did Katie go to a speed dating event after she had signed up to do this show, which is how she had already met Luke, but now she failed to tell the experts she smokes? 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shaunac wrote:

Poor Kate is a beard.

@Shaunac  What does this mean?

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Valued Contributor

Since the show has been on for a couple years and people have seen it - makes you wonder why they signed up for it - publicity, etc.  

Respected Contributor

@pattypeep here is the definition from Wikipedia:

Beard is a slang term describing a person who is used, knowingly or unknowingly, as a date, romantic partner (boyfriend or girlfriend), or spouse either to conceal infidelity or to conceal one's sexual orientation.

Honored Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

If what Luke said to Kate about being repulsed when they kissed was real and not scripted, I can't imagine staying.  If a guy said that to me, I would be out of there so fast.  It wouldn't matter if I had a contract with the show or not.  There is something "not right" about Luke.  I doubt if that is scripted.  Maybe he doesn't really like girls.

As far as AJ, someone said he acts feminine.  I would have to agree, along with highly immature.  Oh, and we are going to see that he has a temper. 

The other two couples seem to be compatible so far, but they haven't begun "real life".

There's a reason why these people hadn't managed to find a spouse on their own. At first they all seem fairly normal but then after a few episodes you start to see their issues and realize that most people probably wouldn't put up with that.

To kiss her and tell her he was repulsed?  There is no way anyone should be that hard up for a man to let that slide.....  That girl should  have kicked him out of the house or apartment in two seconds and say Bye Bye right then and there. She must be really hard up or really insecure to stay with the jerk!!!

The fellow who interviewed him last night was up in arms about it too... I think the show should have shown him the door.  The girl he is repulsed by is very pretty and sweet. He must be a real jerk to say such a thing!!!!!!

Regular Contributor

@Shaunac wrote:

Poor Kate is a beard.

I agree! I don't think he was repulsed because it was Kate, or the fact she smokes, i think he would be repulsed romantically kissing any female .