Esteemed Contributor

Re: Reminder Married at first sight tonight

@Wsmom That Luke is really making me mad. Good grief ~ telling someone that they felt dead inside when they kissed you? Looks like in one of the upcoming shows that Dr. Cal tells Luke to basically "shape up or ship out". Looks like AJ's true colors are coming out. Can't wait for the next show.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Trusted Contributor

I felt so bad for Kate when Luke responded with that "repulsed" statement.  Doesn't sound like he is too considerate.  No matter how he feels, he did not have to respond like that.  She should just end it right now and not try to work it out, because what is there to work out.  With Stephanie, she and her hubby seemed to be off to such a good start and now, she actually looked like who is this person so this may not be something that can be remedied as that is just the way he is.  Both young ladies are attractive.

Respected Contributor

From the start, there has been something about Luke that I just don't like, but can't put my finger on it.  Speaking for myself, if I were Kate, I think I'd be done with it.  If he's not attracted to her, I understand that, but to say what he did about being repulsed was just plain wrong.  He has no filter and it was rude and hurtful. 

As for AJ, he is just too much for me and I couldn't take his personality.  He comes off very feminine to me, but that's just me.

I'm hoping the other 2 couples are able to make things work.

We'll see more of how things go once they get back to reality and really have to figure out how their lives will be with work, etc.

Respected Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

From the start, there has been something about Luke that I just don't like, but can't put my finger on it.  Speaking for myself, if I were Kate, I think I'd be done with it.  If he's not attracted to her, I understand that, but to say what he did about being repulsed was just plain wrong.  He has no filter and it was rude and hurtful. 

As for AJ, he is just too much for me and I couldn't take his personality.  He comes off very feminine to me, but that's just me.

I'm hoping the other 2 couples are able to make things work.

We'll see more of how things go once they get back to reality and really have to figure out how their lives will be with work, etc.

I agree about Luke. Even if that's how he really felt there was absolutely no need to say something like that to Kate. I think I would have just filed for a divorce right then and there. If he wasn't attracted to her at all, why did he marry her to begin with? Surely he didn't find her attractive at the wedding and then suddenly changed his mind.

Honored Contributor

About Kate and Luke: Remember - this IS a reality show, but it is also somewhat scripted for ratings. I doubt if Luke would have come up with those words on his own. He will pretend he did, but only he and Kate know the real truth. Like all reality shows, this one wants people to watch! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

@gabstoomuch wrote:

Oh no, I thought this season premiered Jan 7th. I missed the first one Smiley Sad

Guess I have to catch up. I did know they decided to have 4 couples this season, but I wonder if it is going to impact how much we get to see each couple with one more on board. Adding a couple but not more episodes cuts into how we get to know each couple.

I am dismayed that Dr Jessica is now is a very serious relationship with Jon (the man that ended up with cold hearted Molly- Season 5 I think?). The public had an outcry for that relationship because Jon was so, so vulnerable after getting hurt so badly by Molly, and Dr Jessica was one of their couples counselor. That relationship feels so wrong for me on so many levels.

I don't know who pursued who, but he is 27 and she is 42 (?). She has 3 kids too. I suspect if was her who pursued Jon because he not only got deeply hurt, he looked at Dr Jessica as the professional.

Sure felt to me like there was an ethical boundary crossed, and she was put on hiatus while the show and the board of ethics that oversee psyhologists investigated her.

Apparently she was reprimanded, but not fired, and not fined by the board of ethics, but I have zero respect for her now. I am going to find it hard to watch her. Her and Jon are all over Instagram posting everything about their life, and it is pretty clear she runs the relationship. I feel like Jon went down a rabbit hole but who am I to judge? Love happens in odd places and ways nowadays.

@gabstoomuch  Are you certain there was a formal investigation of Dr. Jessica after she started a relationship with Jon?  Who investigated and cleared her?  I always felt she had her eyes on him that entire season.  I never liked her, just my gut feeling.

It SEEMS like the experts are helping these couples, and they are some. But most of the time there are others behind the scenes that are doing the day-to-day work with the couples. The experts come in when their faces are needed on TV and find out what is going on from the behind-the-scenes team. Jessica probably didn't have that much to do with giving Molly and Jon actual advice. 

Respected Contributor

Women can fall in love with someone they are not attracted too when they find out the man is a wonderful human being.  They fall in love with their ears.  However, a man is very visual and I don't think it is as likely for them to fall in love with someone they are not attracted to.  They may care for them and realize that they are a good person but not enough for most men.  Just like Jephte from last year.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

If what Luke said to Kate about being repulsed when they kissed was real and not scripted, I can't imagine staying.  If a guy said that to me, I would be out of there so fast.  It wouldn't matter if I had a contract with the show or not.  There is something "not right" about Luke.  I doubt if that is scripted.  Maybe he doesn't really like girls.

As far as AJ, someone said he acts feminine.  I would have to agree, along with highly immature.  Oh, and we are going to see that he has a temper. 

The other two couples seem to be compatible so far, but they haven't begun "real life".

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

If what Luke said to Kate about being repulsed when they kissed was real and not scripted, I can't imagine staying.  If a guy said that to me, I would be out of there so fast.  It wouldn't matter if I had a contract with the show or not.  There is something "not right" about Luke.  I doubt if that is scripted.  Maybe he doesn't really like girls.

As far as AJ, someone said he acts feminine.  I would have to agree, along with highly immature.  Oh, and we are going to see that he has a temper. 

The other two couples seem to be compatible so far, but they haven't begun "real life".

@tends2dogs, I was the poster who mentioned him being feminine and yes, he is very immature IMO.  I believe he and his wife are both in their upper 30's.   AJ is going to have a lot to learn about women if he hasn't dated in awhile and learn the word "compromise".  I just couldn't begin to think about being with him and the way he acts.

As far as Luke, I, too wonder if he isn't attracted to girls; it's just a feeling I get from him. 

Honored Contributor

Some interesting theories!  Smiley Happy

My gaydar doesn't go off with Luke, but my creep-o-meter sure does!  I still swear I've seen that guy on something before but still cannot figure that out.  He's smarmy and the things he said to her were so far beyond rude and inappropriate that it angers me for this young lady who seems like a nice person and is trying.

While I don't find him the least bit attractive, I thought AJ seemed like an ok guy - until the anger flare-ups.  That's always concerning.   I thought they were doing really well.   Now I feel rather badly for her.