Respected Contributor

Re: Reminder Married at first sight tonight

[ Edited ]

Edited:  I meant to write about Jasmine and Will, not Kristine and Keith.

Kristine is laying down expectations of how she imagines her marriage should be without even getting to know Keith.  Why set up conflictual deal breakers?  Why weren't her expectations made known to the matchmakers because Keith seems blindsided.  She wants a husband who will pay the lion's share of household expenses and her lioness share will be a "clean house" and her cooking.  She lays that out seemingly before any discussion of income or expense comparisons.  If she keeps that up, she'll probably have the same relationship result she thought she could avoid.  I'm feeling sorry for him.

Esteemed Contributor

@Free2be When I saw this episode with Kristine, I thought she meant that she wanted him to be responsible for paying the bills, but not necessarily just with his money. Guess I was looking for the bright side. If she was saying that he should financially pay the bills with just his paycheck, she's way out of line, IMO.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

@Ibby114 Luke is seriously not attracted to his wife. She is adorable. I wish someone would ask Luke what kind of woman he is attracted to.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I heard Jasmine (sorry about the name confusion) say she would help pay bills but that he should be paying more than her and her home work would make up the difference.  And that's not a bad argument, it's just that she came across as somewhat "my way or the highway" attitude.  After her complaint that he didn't make her feel protected when she had her 3-wheeler mishap, the event she was bragging about being adventurous to experience and he wasn't.  I'd like to see her quiet herself and try tuning into him for a balanced connection.

Honored Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

@Ibby114 Luke is seriously not attracted to his wife. She is adorable. I wish someone would ask Luke what kind of woman he is attracted to.

DD knows someone who works with Luke. She said he's a really nice guy, and Kate . . . I guess we'll see what happens! Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@pattypeep wrote:

DD knows someone who works with Luke. She said he's a really nice guy, and Kate . . . I guess we'll see what happens! Smiley Wink

Hmmm....I don't know if I should take it as "and Kate....not so much"?  lol  I am wondering if they are really focusing on how awkward this is because in the end they end up really happy together.  That's what I'm hoping for.

Respected Contributor

Kate did say she only smokes when she is out at the bars. Luke seems like a nice guy hope he does find she is a nice girl. Just watching sometimes the couples we think will work out doesn't. I do like when all the couples get together to talk. 

Trusted Contributor

@gabstoomuch wrote:

Oh no, I thought this season premiered Jan 7th. I missed the first one Smiley Sad

Guess I have to catch up. I did know they decided to have 4 couples this season, but I wonder if it is going to impact how much we get to see each couple with one more on board. Adding a couple but not more episodes cuts into how we get to know each couple.

I am dismayed that Dr Jessica is now is a very serious relationship with Jon (the man that ended up with cold hearted Molly- Season 5 I think?). The public had an outcry for that relationship because Jon was so, so vulnerable after getting hurt so badly by Molly, and Dr Jessica was one of their couples counselor. That relationship feels so wrong for me on so many levels.

I don't know who pursued who, but he is 27 and she is 42 (?). She has 3 kids too. I suspect if was her who pursued Jon because he not only got deeply hurt, he looked at Dr Jessica as the professional.

Sure felt to me like there was an ethical boundary crossed, and she was put on hiatus while the show and the board of ethics that oversee psyhologists investigated her.

Apparently she was reprimanded, but not fired, and not fined by the board of ethics, but I have zero respect for her now. I am going to find it hard to watch her. Her and Jon are all over Instagram posting everything about their life, and it is pretty clear she runs the relationship. I feel like Jon went down a rabbit hole but who am I to judge? Love happens in odd places and ways nowadays.

@gabstoomuch  Are you certain there was a formal investigation of Dr. Jessica after she started a relationship with Jon?  Who investigated and cleared her?  I always felt she had her eyes on him that entire season.  I never liked her, just my gut feeling.

Trusted Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

Edited:  I meant to write about Jasmine and Will, not Kristine and Keith.

Kristine is laying down expectations of how she imagines her marriage should be without even getting to know Keith.  Why set up conflictual deal breakers?  Why weren't her expectations made known to the matchmakers because Keith seems blindsided.  She wants a husband who will pay the lion's share of household expenses and her lioness share will be a "clean house" and her cooking.  She lays that out seemingly before any discussion of income or expense comparisons.  If she keeps that up, she'll probably have the same relationship result she thought she could avoid.  I'm feeling sorry for him.

@Free2be  Since money is one of the greatest source of marital conflicts, I agree that the "professionals" would/should be covering this in their background checks. Makes me feel that this show is very scripted, to create drama.

Esteemed Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

Since at this point it doesn't seem that it isn't just that he isn't attracted to her, but repulsed by her, I am wondering if the issue isn't that he just isn't attracted to women.   Or there is more to her than we're seeing.  Or maybe they'll end up like Jamie and Doug, one of the stronger couples to come out of this show.