Honored Contributor

Re: Reminder Married at first sight tonight

I've watched very little so far but from what I watched, AJ would not be my cup of tea.  He is way over the top, too animated and I'm not into a guy that cries more than I do.  LOL  Honestly, from his mannerisms, etc., I wouldn't think he'd be marrying a woman.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.  And he doesn't seem to be his wife's type at all, just from what I'm seeing early on.

I did watch the show last night hosted by Jamie.  Katie, the one who is married to Luke, was on along with one of the other girls, whose name I cannot remember and Pastor Cal.  He said that had they known Katie knew Luke, they both would have been disqualified from the show.  Pastor Cal didn't seem to happy to find out that Katie had been at a speed dating event just a couple weeks before prior to this either.  She had already agreed to do the show, gone through interviews, etc.  But she justified it by saying she didn't know yet she had been picked. She hadn't been told at that point.  From the previews, she seems like a real whiner too.  LOL  Her wedding reception with Luke was awkward.  

Respected Contributor

Something is seriously wrong with Luke.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Free2be wrote:

Something is seriously wrong with Luke.

@Free2be I know! At first glance he comes across as confident too. His friends warned Kate that he sometimes says things in the 'wrong' way too- I think there's going to be a lot of cryin' this season! Woman Frustrated

Valued Contributor

they not only have the main show, but plenty of spin-offs ~ my DVR was very confused. Well, more like I was confused since I couldn't figure out the order to watch.

I think I missed a thing or two, but that's OK. I think weddings are kind of boring. I can't wait to hear most of them whistling a different tune in about a month. 

Honored Contributor

What drives me crazy (and probably some of you too) is that much of the show (all of these 'reality' shows) take up a good part of the TV time repeating what we've already seen!

I don't think the people that are responsible for this show do a very good job of investigating these people.

This time we have two people who 'kinda' know each other.  We are told thousands of people applied and out of all of these thousands two that were picked 'kinda' know each other.

If memory serves last season or the season before one of the women used the same gym that the guy picked used!  This falls under....WOW!  This really is a small world?  Hummm??? Just doesn't make much sense to me.

What say any of you?

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I've watched very little so far but from what I watched, AJ would not be my cup of tea.  He is way over the top, too animated and I'm not into a guy that cries more than I do.  LOL  Honestly, from his mannerisms, etc., I wouldn't think he'd be marrying a woman.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.  And he doesn't seem to be his wife's type at all, just from what I'm seeing early on.

I did watch the show last night hosted by Jamie.  Katie, the one who is married to Luke, was on along with one of the other girls, whose name I cannot remember and Pastor Cal.  He said that had they known Katie knew Luke, they both would have been disqualified from the show.  Pastor Cal didn't seem to happy to find out that Katie had been at a speed dating event just a couple weeks before prior to this either.  She had already agreed to do the show, gone through interviews, etc.  But she justified it by saying she didn't know yet she had been picked. She hadn't been told at that point.  From the previews, she seems like a real whiner too.  LOL  Her wedding reception with Luke was awkward.  

@Lipstickdiva  I agree with everything you said about AJ.  He really creeps me out and I am surprised he is attracted to women, also.  The gal he married was so desperate to be married that I don't think she realizes just what she got hooked up with. 

I find Luke a bit strange, too.  I have to wonder if he is attracted to Katie.  Why wouldn't he kiss her when people were tapping their glasses at the reception?  She leaned in and was willing, but he said "You don't have to do this."  He is an odd duck.  He runs that speed dating business.  Perhaps he is checking out all the girls because he is very particular about who he wants.  Time will tell.  Katie seems like a sweet girl.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I read that Jamie Otis miscarried again.  I'd just read that she announced her pregnancy a few weeks ago.  My heart goes out to them.

Esteemed Contributor

I completely agree with the comments about AJ and Luke!  And to me Luke looked completely different in the show with Jamie after the episode. 

Esteemed Contributor

And Luke seemed even more awkward this week! It's one thing wanting to be friends first, but he's showing Kate zero affection. The teaser for next week made it seem like he got downright nasty to her too.

The other 3 couples seem well matched, you can tell they'll need a bit of 'tweaking' as time goes by.Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

AJ uses kisses as periods at the ends of his sentences.  LOL  That would get on my nerves after the first couple of days.  He is sweet, though.  I hope both of them come out unscathed at the end of this even if they realize they aren't a perfect match.