Esteemed Contributor

Re: Reminder Married at first sight tonight

@sissel wrote:

Let's hope it was AJ's nerves got the best of him, there is a clip I saw where his wife said something about being pushed to the edge. We all know these shows have drama, stress & funny times. Even the guys were not too sure of AJ's personality when they met. I will say it was so sweet AJ gave his wife to be a bottle of wine to be opened on their 1st year anniversary. There was a site Married at 1st Sight where are they now & most are divorced. I love these shows and we will find out more about these 4 couples this season. It's going to be fun watching these 4 couples and how they interact with eachother.

@sissel the MAFS site talks about THIS season's marriages already? Or are you talking about past seasons?

Esteemed Contributor

One other thing, did anyone else notice that one of the husbands had on his "wantlist" a wife that had a good job and could cook?  I hope he told that to the "experts" and that they listened! LOL

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

I thought it ended right before the weddings.  I did not see anyone get married.   Were there two shows?

Respected Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I thought it ended right before the weddings.  I did not see anyone get married.   Were there two shows?

@chiclet, there were 2 shows; 2 couples were shown getting married.  Next week, it'll show the other 2 geting married.

I am forgetting some of their names, though AJ I can remember because of his vivid personality. 

I couldn't believe how the one woman's father was going on about how he was going to have the guy she married investigated.... very tacky.  I guess once he found out that he went to Lincoln, everything is ok now. 

Should be another entertaining season.

Respected Contributor

Reminder of what? NOT to watch, I hope. The premise is ridiculous and sad. 

Super Contributor

I am glad I came to this discussion today.  I just watched then deleted after the intro show.  I thought that was all there is.  Back to the DVR to retieve the rest of the show.

I agree that AJ seems like a creep.  Didn't think they should have show the strippers either.

Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

One other thing, did anyone else notice that one of the husbands had on his "wantlist" a wife that had a good job and could cook?  I hope he told that to the "experts" and that they listened! LOL

Yes, I did pick up on that. I believe it was the guy that lived with his gramma. Oy !!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Trusted Contributor

Oh no, I thought this season premiered Jan 7th. I missed the first one Smiley Sad

Guess I have to catch up. I did know they decided to have 4 couples this season, but I wonder if it is going to impact how much we get to see each couple with one more on board. Adding a couple but not more episodes cuts into how we get to know each couple.

I am dismayed that Dr Jessica is now is a very serious relationship with Jon (the man that ended up with cold hearted Molly- Season 5 I think?). The public had an outcry for that relationship because Jon was so, so vulnerable after getting hurt so badly by Molly, and Dr Jessica was one of their couples counselor. That relationship feels so wrong for me on so many levels.

I don't know who pursued who, but he is 27 and she is 42 (?). She has 3 kids too. I suspect if was her who pursued Jon because he not only got deeply hurt, he looked at Dr Jessica as the professional.

Sure felt to me like there was an ethical boundary crossed, and she was put on hiatus while the show and the board of ethics that oversee psyhologists investigated her.

Apparently she was reprimanded, but not fired, and not fined by the board of ethics, but I have zero respect for her now. I am going to find it hard to watch her. Her and Jon are all over Instagram posting everything about their life, and it is pretty clear she runs the relationship. I feel like Jon went down a rabbit hole but who am I to judge? Love happens in odd places and ways nowadays.

Esteemed Contributor

@lizzys wrote:

I am glad I came to this discussion today.  I just watched then deleted after the intro show.  I thought that was all there is.  Back to the DVR to retieve the rest of the show.

I agree that AJ seems like a creep.  Didn't think they should have show the strippers either.

@lizzys agreed about the bachelor AND bachelorette parties!! Woman Frustrated That were 'tmi' (& I'm no prude! Woman LOL). Maybe it was to add drama about how ready the MAFS participants were - or were not- to get married?  They never had a detailed segment like this in prior seasons.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gabstoomuch wrote:

Oh no, I thought this season premiered Jan 7th. I missed the first one Smiley Sad

Guess I have to catch up. I did know they decided to have 4 couples this season, but I wonder if it is going to impact how much we get to see each couple with one more on board. Adding a couple but not more episodes cuts into how we get to know each couple.

I am dismayed that Dr Jessica is now is a very serious relationship with Jon (the man that ended up with cold hearted Molly- Season 5 I think?). The public had an outcry for that relationship because Jon was so, so vulnerable after getting hurt so badly by Molly, and Dr Jessica was one of their couples counselor. That relationship feels so wrong for me on so many levels.

I don't know who pursued who, but he is 27 and she is 42 (?). She has 3 kids too. I suspect if was her who pursued Jon because he not only got deeply hurt, he looked at Dr Jessica as the professional.

Sure felt to me like there was an ethical boundary crossed, and she was put on hiatus while the show and the board of ethics that oversee psyhologists investigated her.

Apparently she was reprimanded, but not fired, and not fined by the board of ethics, but I have zero respect for her now. I am going to find it hard to watch her. Her and Jon are all over Instagram posting everything about their life, and it is pretty clear she runs the relationship. I feel like Jon went down a rabbit hole but who am I to judge? Love happens in odd places and ways nowadays.

@gabstoomuch Apparently they didn't get together until way after Jon & Molly agreed to divorce. The show airs  6+ months after the events occur. Although I thought  Jon & Molly  were finished early on!

I do look at Dr Jessica differently now- I always thought she presented herself much older than her age. But it's made me see her as more fun and light hearted. We all need to stop and smell the roses!.Heart