Esteemed Contributor

Re: Reminder Married at first sight tonight

Happened to catch last night's episode at a friends and WOW, just wow. Imo, I think Luke wants out in the worst way - especially with things he has said/done - but he wants Kate to be the one to pull the plug so it doesn't reflect on him. I also think he might be gay - just a feeling I get.

Not sure of all the names but is it AJ that is just so annoying and has a terrible temper? He needs some anger management classes and behaves like a child throwing a temper tantrum. His wife wants to be married so badly she will put up with him - for awhile anyway. But, she better think long and hard of what the future will bring.

Jasmine (the real estate girl?) and her husband - wow, no contraception? are you kidding - unless they want to be the next couple on MAFS Happily Ever After?

I can't think of the last couple names but I don't think he's into her. Maybe she is just too pushy for him.

Esteemed Contributor

@riley1  Wow, I thought the same thing about Luke after the last show. Wondered if he was batting for the other team. Really a small thing I suppose, but when he and Kate were greeting their guests, a "hug" he gave to one of his friends was more a hug us gals would give out. Guy hugs are grab a hand and barely pat the other guys back with your other hand. Two seconds. Someone who would say they felt empty inside after kissing their wife (or any woman) doesn't like women, IMO.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

Let me preface my post by saying I am not watching this on a regular basis.  I am catching bits and pieces.  I saw a little of it this week.

I don't like Luke at all but I also don't like Kate.  I cannot put my finger on it but there is something about her.  When she was speaking to her 2 friends about all this, that all seemed so staged and set up.  Even some of the comments the friends made were very obviously edited in because the one said the exact same thing 2 different times.  Kate had a big grin/smirk on her face like they were filming all this just for the show and she wasn't really taking the conversation seriously. 

The fact that Luke went to the producers and said she drinks too much?????  If this isn't all set up for the show, Kate has some real low self-esteem issues or she's just putting this all on for the show.  I don't have any empathy for her either, as another poster said.

AJ is a ticking time bomb.  He scares me and his wife needs to get out.  His attitude while they were trying to figure out where to go to eat and watch the game was beyond ridiculous.  I seriously get nervous seeing him because I feel like he's going to explode.      

Respected Contributor

If these couples were the cream of the crop of thousands I would hate to meet the ones they turned down. 

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes I wonder if they puposely throw in people that they know there will be issue with so they have a show for people to talk about.  AJ and Luke, who clearly have instantly-recognizable issues, were the best choices?

Valued Contributor

It's a scam - any body being around AJ too long can identify that he's got a few screws loose.  And Luke?  Not a nice guy.  Says she drinks a lot - but yet brings her two bottles of wine.  mmmmm?

Esteemed Contributor

The only 2 couples truly trying to make a go of it are AJ and Stephanie and Kristine and Keith. Both AJ and Keith realize they have personal issues to work on for their respective marriages to work. That's half the battle! The other 2 couples seem to be just going along for the ride.....

Esteemed Contributor

I am on the same page as you, @Lipstickdiva.  I don't care for Luke or Kate.  Either this is so scripted or she is really simple, naiive, laid back.....I don't know what.  Unless they are being paid big bucks, why would anyone stay and take the abuse that Luke is dishing out.  I agree that he is trying to force her into leaving so he doesn't have to admit whatever it is that he needs to admit.  I am thinking that he isn't into women.  What a shame.  I am sure that he knew this going into this.

When AJ said under his breath " I haven't had a say in anything in the last 4 weeks"  I would have been up so fast and out of there.  He is a loose canon.  He gets a wild look in his eyes that is scary.  I, too, agree that Stephanie wants marriage so bad that she isn't going to be the one that walks out.  There is a reason that AJ hasn't had luck in the romance department.

I think that Jasmine and Will are a total mismatch.  I got a kick out of him saying that his fantasy would be her wearing glasses and putting her hair up.  She said "like a nerd?"  It just isn't going to work out of them IMHO.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

I think that Kate should just end it now if not sooner.  I know that there are people who say that it may be staged and that can be true. But I do not think that Luke is for Kate so why keep wasting time on this guy.  Will and Jasmine are two nice people but they do not seem to be progressing at all so they should just give it up too.  I am not too enthused about these match-ups at all.  Kristine is so sweet and cute and seems more mature than her husband. Don't know if she wants to be making the big decisions and creating the environment all the time for her hubby. Last but not least, AJ and Stephanie seem to get along the best despite his anger.  Maybe the anger is just being played up.  He really seems to make sense when he discusses the relationship and what they  need to do, hope that is real for her sake, she seems like a nice girl and bottom line is that they both do want the same thing, a happy marriage.  I hope it works out for them.

Respected Contributor

@Wsmom, my thoughts/opinions are pretty much the same as many others that have posted. 

Kate/Luke - he's one of the worst ones I've seen on this show since back on season 2 I believe.  The couple I speak of were Jessica Castro and Ryan DeNino.  He was very nasty to her as well and she really tried.  I'm not convinced Luke is looking for a female partner either and if he came on this show under false pretenses, then the pros once again did a lousy job in vetting these people.

Stephanie/AJ - my feeling is she just wants to be married so bad that she's willing to accept him as he is.  Remember Jaclyn/Ryan, the firefighter a few seasons ago?  It didn't take long to see his true colors and he wasn't about to compromise.  There's going to be a time when she says 'I've had enough'.

Kristine/Keith - cute couple both really into one another until she sees his ex's naked pics on his phone.  I agree with her; he should've dumped those and hope he did.  They need to be using contraception before making the decision to stay married, etc.  Keith is also immature IMO and it's almost as if Kristine has taken over the role of his grandmother with the added benefits.  He needs to grow up and mature.

Jasmine/Will - both seem like nice people; I just don't think he's into her at all.