Valued Contributor

Re: Reminder HGTV's White House Christmas Dec 15 @ 5:00

So glad you were able to record it @Oznell . I watched it live but I also recorded it knowing there's so much to take in, I'd want to watch it again. Everything was absolutely stunning! I don't think I could pick one favorite room. The volunteers do amazing work and they also look like they're having fun and are excited to be there. The pastry chefs did an outstanding job with the gingerbread White House.

I hope you'll post some comments after you've watched the whole episode @Oznell . You are so articulate and your posts about movies, home decor, etc, are fun to read.

Honored Contributor

It's one of the few remaining worthwhile things HGTV does, at least in my opinion, and it does seem as though they wouldn't 'hide' it away. It also seems like a prime time showing would make sense, as well as several re-broadcasts. They certainly don't have a problem with repetition of their other offerings.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I agree @stevieb , this should be re-broadcast several times in prime time.

Trusted Contributor

I have recorded and will watch later. I like to record so I can frequently pause and look to my heart’s content. 

It really makes no sense at all why HGTV is almost being secretive about it. Why not promote and repeat, like many have already said?

Trusted Contributor

@Teddie wrote:

I have recorded and will watch later. I like to record so I can frequently pause and look to my heart’s content. 

It really makes no sense at all why HGTV is almost being secretive about it. Why not promote and repeat, like many have already said?

And by the way, to my great disappointment, I missed last year for these very reasons. I have always managed to catch it when it was on but some how it slipped past. As much as I tried, I could not find a repeat. And to watch it on YouTube or something like that, I feel I lose a great deal of the quality. 

Honored Contributor

Luckily, I remembered to watch. While the decorations were certainly beautiful, I didn't care for the organic theme (pine cones, acorns, birds, state flowers). The craftsmanship of the volunteers was exceptional, and I liked that they repurposed so many things from the past and gave them a whole new look. Tonight I'll watch the Brady House show. That will be nostalgic and probably more to my liking.

Honored Contributor

I DVRed it and watched a few minutes last eveniing but decided I'd watch it when I had time to fully attend to the program. That said, I could have done nicely without the two co-hosts chosen. I'd also prefer to see a little less of the hosts, a little less of the 'works in progress' and a little more of the finsihed rooms, which they always seem to gloss over.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

Where was a Manger?  After all that is the reason for the season.

Honored Contributor

@cuddles wrote:

Where was a Manger?  After all that is the reason for the season.

Although I can't state exactly where, there's definitely one there. I read about it being there within the last week or so.

Valued Contributor

@cuddles  I know they showed the beautiful creche on last year's show. I was looking forward to seeing it again this year and was disappointed that they didn't show it. You're right, it is the most important reason for celebration during the Christmas season. I do remember how beautiful the creche was last year and I can't remember how old they said it was.